Jalopnik:10 cars there were never enough of...

bdhill

Tuckers are awesome. All 40's cars should have been as awesome as a tucker. Actually everything from that era is better looking than the hat full of smashed assholes called the fox mustang. Seriously.

volvo V70R, I've seen three of them this month. I know their production numbers are in the hundreds but I'm good on there not being more in the world. Besides volvo collectors need something to aspire to 30 years from now that isn't FWD.

BMW 1M - they should have made all the cars. Only new car I know that appreciated in price within 5 years of it's original sale date. WTF. If they built more of them this wouldn't have happened and then I could afford to go buy one.

the Porsche 914/6? Who blew who to get that car on the list.

I don't think enough people realize how special the 914/6 is. We are talking about a car that's 43-45 years old now so the 3000 units are mostly gone these days

However, Porsche does a better job than most of producing low production special edition cars. 914/6 is pretty far down the list of Porsche's for me.

Look at a modern limited edition as a perfect example. Byers has a paint to sample orange 2011 GT3 RS 4.0 right now at an asking price of $400k. One of 6xx total 4.0's. One of 1xx paint to sample cars and one of 3 in orange. Car new was around $240k. 3 years later and 2500 miles later it'll trade $150k more than new and the value will only continue to go up.

All V70Rs were AWD.

yes, that was my point. All V70Rs are AWD, but most plain jane volvos that are made in the millions are FWD. By being a limited edition with low production and not FWD, they are bound to be collectible.

I don't think enough people realize how special the 914/6 is. We are talking about a car that's 43-45 years old now so the 3000 units are mostly gone these days

Sure it is the little 914 with a 911 6cyl jammed into it's ass, but at the end of the day you are still driving a 914. It's like having the best stock trabant ever made, sounds good in theory and draws a crowd at C&C but at the end of the day you still need to drive home in a tin can.

yes, that was my point. All V70Rs are AWD, but most plain jane volvos that are made in the millions are FWD. By being a limited edition with low production and not FWD, they are bound to be collectible.

ah, I guess I misunderstood what you were saying.