WTBorrow: Power Motive brake bleeder

zeitgeist57

I had to get new calipers for Cleetus after the bleeder valves siezed and broke off in the old ones. Bleeding brakes sucks. I'd really like to use a Power Motive-style bleeder that pressurizes the master reservoir.

Please help! Can meet you anywhere, or at CC&C tomorrow morning. Thank you!

I had to get new calipers for Cleetus after the bleeder valves siezed and broke off in the old ones. Bleeding brakes sucks. I'd really like to use a Power Motive-style bleeder that pressurizes the master reservoir.

Please help! Can meet you anywhere, or at CC&C tomorrow morning. Thank you!

http://www.harborfreight.com/pneumatic-brake-fluid-bleeder-61912.html

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for but I've had one of these for a while now and they make bleeding brakes cake work.

THanks, David. I actually have that same bleeder...makes quite the hissing noise at 12am :lol: However, I couldn't get anything to come out of one of the calipers. I even put Teflon tape on the bleeder valve just to make sure it was a good seal.

The brakes in the truck are totally dead. Fluid levels are good, but the pedal goes to the floor with no pressure whatsoever. I figure if I can do a good 30-40psi pressure bleeder things would be better.

THanks, David. I actually have that same bleeder...makes quite the hissing noise at 12am :lol: However, I couldn't get anything to come out of one of the calipers. I even put Teflon tape on the bleeder valve just to make sure it was a good seal.

The brakes in the truck are totally dead. Fluid levels are good, but the pedal goes to the floor with no pressure whatsoever. I figure if I can do a good 30-40psi pressure bleeder things would be better.

That's pretty odd. Do you think one of the lines might be clogged? I'm assuming you've tried gravity bleeding them already?

You should change titleto WTBuy: those bleeders are recommended like 8-12 psi for a bleed :gabe:

I have a motive bleeder, it needs a new hose, but I don't mind you trying it out. Cumbersome and I would second the pneumatic bleeder. Sounds like a blocked line between the master cylinder and the caliper to me.