Hoosier Drag radial issue

DKilbourne

I had an issue with my hoosier's on the dyno last week. they were flaking and throwing rubber all over the place. I had the tires at 35psi during the runs. I had maybe 300 miles of driving on them when this happened. no track passes and no burnouts. tires are showing threads already from this. I sent an email to hoosier and the reply was "must have gotten hot on the dyno and come apart". I guess running them at the track would be a bad idea too....

Has anyone else had similar issues with the hoosier drag radials? I guess I don't buy the whole "it got hot and blew chunks of rubber all over" response. Thoughts?

They were right, you destroyed them on the dyno. I have done that in the past. Another tip is you never dyno with slicks, they will do the same thing. I only dyno with old junk tires. I always save a pare of takeoffs. Even if you had not have had the rubber delaminate, the sidewalls would have been destroyed.

• 2 weeks later...
Update. I was asked to give a review on summit's site for the tires and I did. I got an email yesterday saying that they, summit, are replacing the defective tires :) how's that for customer service. didn't even ask for anything. just filled out a review and they wanted to take care of it.

• 1 month later...
Update. I was asked to give a review on summit's site for the tires and I did. I got an email yesterday saying that they, summit, are replacing the defective tires :) how's that for customer service. didn't even ask for anything. just filled out a review and they wanted to take care of it.

Jegs and summit are always good for this but as a vendor they can make you pretty miserable. You wouldn't believe the stuff they will take back and its all 100% at the vendors expense. It does work great for a buyer but as a vendor, thats one of the reasons why we decided to discontinue our business relationship. Very stressful

We would have people take turbos out, saying they never got them to people just buying kits, keeping complete header kits and shipping everything back. Even with proof of delivery on packages, we would be out whatever people would take and return.

Jegs and summit are always good for this but as a vendor they can make you pretty miserable. You wouldn't believe the stuff they will take back and its all 100% at the vendors expense. It does work great for a buyer but as a vendor, thats one of the reasons why we decided to discontinue our business relationship. Very stressful

We would have people take turbos out, saying they never got them to people just buying kits, keeping complete header kits and shipping everything back. Even with proof of delivery on packages, we would be out whatever people would take and return.

This happens a lot with many other companies as well. A good example would be Amazon. If you return an item to them they don't check what's in the box because they pushed the cost back on the supplier. People buy things, take part of it and return the rest alllllll the time.