New guy...well in 3 weeks

Pntbll309

So I am moving from Colorado Springs to the Columbus (Dublin/Muirfield) are in about 3 weeks. My in-laws are from there and the wife wants to move back. Ive visited a few times and even got married there, like it a lot so far and am looking forward to the move.

Ive done my fair share of racing here in the Springs (track and street). I currently own a 99 Trans Am, pretty well built caged, 12 bolt, T56 makes about 530rwhp/505rwtq N/A and 675rwhp/775rwtq on a 150 shot through a plate.

Looking forward to meeting some new people in my soon to be new home.

Thanks,

Brandon

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys! Ill try and upload some pics when I get home. Im very excited to get to Ohio and enjoy all of the free horsepower haha. How are the cops there with louder cars? I hear Ill have to run a front plate too, which sucks. Is there a "normal" place most people meet on fridays and saturdays? The scene here in the springs sucks...Really sucks.

Thanks guys! Ill try and upload some pics when I get home. Im very excited to get to Ohio and enjoy all of the free horsepower haha. How are the cops there with louder cars? I hear Ill have to run a front plate too, which sucks. Is there a "normal" place most people meet on fridays and saturdays? The scene here in the springs sucks...Really sucks.

Lots of people run without front plates, just note you can get pulled over for it. Some considered it a luxury tax if they get a ticket for it (around $75 I believe).

I've heard stories of people getting pulled over for loud cars, but I've had some loud ass cars and never had a single issue. It's hit or miss really, depends on the mood of the copy if you get pulled over.

Lots of places for meetings, keep your eye out on here. C&C is pretty much every Saturday and a lot of gatherings on Friday/Saturday nights as well. When you can see the whole forum you'll definitely see events.

Dublin police is one of the worst around here. You can get away without a front license plate most of the times. I have friends who live in Dublin and none of their cars have a front license plate. It's a hit-and-miss but there have been cases of multiple tickets in a short amount of time. The ticket is a non-moving violation type, so it doesn't carry any point.

There is Cars & Coffee every Saturday morning; the site url is http://www.columbuscarsandcoffee.net. CR also has a track day a few times a year and quite a few of us are into autocross too. There are road course lapping and rallycross events as well.

Edited by POS VETT

...There is Cars & Coffee every Saturday morning; the site url is http://www.carsandcoffee.net. CR also has a track day a few times a year and quite a few of us are into autocross too. There are road course lapping and rallycross events as well.

http://columbuscarsandcoffee.net/

• Casper unlocked this topic