new gear!!

everoblivion2005

i dont mean to be a dick dude, but i would strongly reccomend returning that and getting some better gear, im recovering from a crash right now, i got a good deal on my leather jacket too (249 a few years ago i think, cortech) and well, it ripped, and i have some road rash, I would def. go with leather, if i was wearing a cheap text jacket like that, i porbably wouldnt have any skin. I cant see what brand the jacket or the helmet is, but for 60, i would assume its one of the off brands, and they wont hold up like the better helmets do. I wouldnt trust that stuff bro! If you cant afford good gear, buy a cheaper bike

:cheers:

You can wear the jacket by it's self anytime and add the pants for the spirited rides or track. It's very well priced too.

JoeRocket GPX Type R (click here)

This is my helmet, best purchase I ever made. I bought a cheap $129 Vega helmet back before this and I HATED IT.

SHOEI RF1000

rf-diabolic2.jpg

Boots I got SIDI B2's. I LOVE THEM! Just put them on and your jeans slide right over them easily just like any other shoe.

2008_Sidi_B-2_Boots_Black.jpg

tsk, you'all so materialistic..... think of the starving kids in 3rd world countries that don't even have a helmet...

yeah, it's an Akuma with one of those "Killer Paint" airbrush jobs on it...

I never base things for prices. With gear though you really do get what you pay for. Example: Kangaroo is the best, but that's why it's expensive as shit. :eek:

I never heard of something called Akuma, but wear whatever you want. Free world homie. :woo: Some of us just wanted to post up some reliable gear that is proven. That is all. No harm in that. So chiiiiilll to the next episode. :D

Fieldsheer textile jacket w/armor is good gear. I don't know if his jacket has the armor (99% of Fieldsheer's shit does), but if it does, it is on par with leather. It ain't like he's riding with a jean jacket.

for those that haven't heard of Akuma, guessing you don't have a military background. They're decent helmets. Hell, at least he's wearing a FF instead of a halfie, open face, or going total squid!!

i dont mean to be a dick dude, but i would strongly reccomend returning that and getting some better gear, im recovering from a crash right now, i got a good deal on my leather jacket too (249 a few years ago i think, cortech) and well, it ripped, and i have some road rash, I would def. go with leather, if i was wearing a cheap text jacket like that, i porbably wouldnt have any skin. I cant see what brand the jacket or the helmet is, but for 60, i would assume its one of the off brands, and they wont hold up like the better helmets do. I wouldnt trust that stuff bro! If you cant afford good gear, buy a cheaper bike

:cheers:

How's the recovery coming man!....

Icon makes good ones, I have a full Icon Timax Teflon suit, and I went sliding across the pavement at +60mph from a lowside to highside wreck, and was fine, you cant even tell the suit hit pavement. Bad news is they don't make them anymore. so I guess my post was pointless, lol!

You can wear the jacket by it's self anytime and add the pants for the spirited rides or track. It's very well priced too.

JoeRocket GPX Type R (click here)

I almost bought a GPX Type R, but decided to 'make my own' JR suit and got the Blaster jacket/pants. I'm very happy I did, because if I had got the suit alone I would have either massively oversized pants or an extremely tight jacket, depending on which measurements I went with. I'm a 40 in JR jackets but a 34 in JR pants, and the GPX suit doesn't allow for size mix/matching. I figure if you want a 2-piece suit, you may as well pick your own indiviual pieces rather than be tied to one universal size for the whole thing.

Just my thoughts :)

I almost bought a GPX Type R, but decided to 'make my own' JR suit and got the Blaster jacket/pants. I'm very happy I did, because if I had got the suit alone I would have either massively oversized pants or an extremely tight jacket, depending on which measurements I went with. I'm a 40 in JR jackets but a 34 in JR pants, and the GPX suit doesn't allow for size mix/matching. I figure if you want a 2-piece suit, you may as well pick your own indiviual pieces rather than be tied to one universal size for the whole thing.

Just my thoughts :)

Understand. Most all of JR's lines are sized differently though. Like the GPX suit I wear a size 54 and the Speedmaster I can wear a 50 or 52.

Nick. Check out the Akuma website. They do some innovative stuff with helmets. Like a polychromatic shield. A map light. They are working on some stuff to make helmets more visible at night.

Plus they make military themes helmets.

No shit...Basing opions off prices paid....WTH?

Fieldsheer is Fine...and I am not familiar with the helmet....but still.

bro shut the fuck up- you have no idea what the fuck your talking about asshat. akuma makes a solid good helmet as i stated before, anlong with that it retails for 400 new. dude paid 50, he got a steal. its better than 90% of the hjc helmets that 90% of the people wear. yes as nick stated you get what you pay for, so to some degree i do look at the prices of almost everything jackass :slap:

bro shut the fuck up- you have no idea what the fuck your talking about asshat. akuma makes a solid good helmet as i stated before, anlong with that it retails for 400 new. dude paid 50, he got a steal. its better than 90% of the hjc helmets that 90% of the people wear. yes as nick stated you get what you pay for, so to some degree i do look at the prices of almost everything jackass :slap:

Whoa "that dude" he was agreeing with you i think. no need for the attack, thanks for clearing the brand of helmet up for me. it came from a govt warehouse takeover in china. they just sold the shit at dirt prices to get rid of it and make a buck. the jacket came from honda east in Toledo, same thing tho just clearing inventory, yes it has armor and the helmet is comfortable as hell, even after trying on my friends Shoei (no offense nick, i know you have an addiction) :lol: . when i picked out the helmet all i looked at was the fact that it was DOT and ECE certified and, as much as i'll get prodded for it, it looked cool. but i went to the Akuma website and wow, i got a steal. my dad gave my a 600 dollar set of padded racing leathers (Circa 1985) that i'll wear at the track. its just really weird that my dad used to fit into it.... and more weird that it fits me perfectly..... weird. neway thanks for lookin out.