Driverless cars...

Alex1647545498

It could be sooner than you imagined and maybe one day it would cost so much to insure it will price people out of driving. I'm sure no one here would care for that future.

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-gm-cadillac-super-cruise-20140907-story.html

Manual transmission, 9-&-3-o'clock hands FOR LYFE. :fuckyeah:

That said, having spent a large part of my life driving in NYC/5 boroughs, VA/DC/MD, and areas around us... I will appreciate all the automatons that choose a 2023 Hyundai that sets them in the right lane of traffic and cruises to work at 62mph.

I will appreciate all the automatons that choose a ... that sets them in the right lane of traffic and cruises to work at 62mph.

My hope, and (only slightly educated) thought is that the average speed on surface streets and absolute top speed on highways will be able to significantly increase, decreasing travel times with fully autonomous cars (with vehicle-to-vehicle communication and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication). All while decreasing accidents and therefore injuries and deaths.

My hope, and (only slightly educated) thought is that the average speed on surface streets and absolute top speed on highways will be able to significantly increase, decreasing travel times with fully autonomous cars (with vehicle-to-vehicle communication and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication). All while decreasing accidents and therefore injuries and deaths.

Which SHOULD reduce the cost of insurance substantially, AND make us driver-types have less traffic and idiots to deal with. WIN WIN!

Gawd help us all with the crazy lawsuits for first couple of years though. Will be an interesting transition for sure!