Thoughts on the Beavercreek Walmart incident?

Got-Boost?

911 caller is completely at fault here. He had the cops thinking this is some sort of active shooter scenario, which wasn't even close.

Not sure if anyone here has been following, but one of Bloomberg's funded groups has been trying to cause trouble for Kroger since they refuse to ban guns in their stores. They are claiming that if they ever encounter someone open carrying, regardless of whether or not its legal to open carry wherever they are, that they will call 911 and basically do what this guy did. Act all panicked on the phone and make the cops think its an active shooter situation in hopes of the OCer getting shot by the cops.

At the very fucking least the guy that called 911 needs charged with a false report to 911. I'd rather see the guy charged with murder. Those cops were completely amped up before they walked in the building, and for no reason other than the caller was an asshole and a liar. They should have had a bit more restraint, but they were put up to it.

Cops are being told there's a man loading a black rifle and pointing it at people.

... til you walk a mile in their shoes.

How many BOLO's do you think were passed to us about military age men driving bongo trucks rigged with explosives? We didn't blow every one up based on S2's morning brief.

Good guys had some advantages going in, MET-TC. Cornered, no immediate civilians, not late to the party.

Kid was a tard`, but, part of being the good guy is being responsible for everything before and after pulling that trigger.

The jury deliberated, had more information that we ever will and decided it was justified.

Cops are being told there's a man loading a black rifle and pointing it at people.

... til you walk a mile in their shoes.

I don't understand why people have a hard time complying when an officer asks you to do something. Even if you are doing nothing wrong, what is so hard about it.

I have been in the wrong place at the wrong time in my younger days, not doing anything wrong and had cops get very nasty with me. Some on the internet might even call them "dick cops" or on a "power trip", but they were doing their job.

I stayed calm, did as I was told and after I was cleared I got an apology each time from these cops who were on edge due to the situation, was sent on my way, and even got a ride home one time.

Unless you have a job where at any given moment one of your customers might kill you it would be best not to judge. Some cops suck, most are doing a job that the majority of Columbus Racing could never do or want to do on many levels.

Why yes, yes I did. Did you? When the cop rolls up the guy is out of his car.

The full video shows the cop was actually parked in the back of the lot ready to leave, then puts his car in reverse vs leaving so that he can roll on the guy as he's stepping out of the truck

The cop claims it was for a seat belt violation but the guy responds by stating he just took it off as he pulled into the station. Dude did nothing to warrant such a reaction and shots to be fired. There was no weapon seen and four shots were fired, 1 clearly when his hands were up in the air and one while facing the officer clinching his abdomen as he was hit. Cop was dead wrong likely way impacted by his previous shooting incident.

I would argue and have that perhaps he should have cleared with the officer "may I get my license out of vehicle or bag, etc..." However, when you see the full video, it will make sense as to why he didn't. He wasn't being "pulled over" so his mindset was not on the fact that he's in the midst of a traffic stop.

What you will see is a guy who has a cop roll up and tell him to get his drivers license and the dude is in autopilot mode and just did as told in more of an "oh shit" moment...ears tell brain to hurry up and get license...cop just demanded it.

That's my new take once I saw the full video.

Id like to also like to give a little insight on where this Walmart is. Beavercreek is my hometown and is stupid as it sounds this is probably the closest thing to a real real crime that is happened in Beavercreek in a long time. it's a very upper middle class and the thought of a real crime happening probably got the beaverCreek Police Department super excited.

I have no doubt in my mind they were just doing what they thought they could to protect the citizens of Beavercreek and not become another's news story. Unfortunately it completely backfired here due to a lot of stupidity

The full video shows the cop was actually parked in the back of the lot ready to leave, then puts his car in reverse vs leaving so that he can roll on the guy as he's stepping out of the truck

The cop claims it was for a seat belt violation but the guy responds by stating he just took it off as he pulled into the station. Dude did nothing to warrant such a reaction and shots to be fired. There was no weapon seen and four shots were fired, 1 clearly when his hands were up in the air and one while facing the officer clinching his abdomen as he was hit. Cop was dead wrong likely way impacted by his previous shooting incident.

I would argue and have that perhaps he should have cleared with the officer "may I get my license out of vehicle or bag, etc..." However, when you see the full video, it will make sense as to why he didn't. He wasn't being "pulled over" so his mindset was not on the fact that he's in the midst of a traffic stop.

What you will see is a guy who has a cop roll up and tell him to get his drivers license and the dude is in autopilot mode and just did as told in more of an "oh shit" moment...ears tell brain to hurry up and get license...cop just demanded it.

That's my new take once I saw the full video.

I agree

911 caller seems mostly to blame.

911 caller is completely at fault here.

These.

The caller sounds like a dipshit. He wasn't waiving it around, he wasn't pointing it at kids or anyone, the dispatcher asked if it was a handgun or a shotgun and he said it was a rifle. There are people walking right by the guy and they weren't alarmed at all.

It's fine that he was concerned and called 911, but he should've said something like "there is a man standing in Walmart with what appears to be a gun. He seems to be minding his own business at the moment but I just want to make sure he isn't up to something"

COOL SHIRT AND GREEN EARINGS BRO

Also read where someone in the store saw him then went to a store mgr to let them know that they saw crawford carrying a gun didn't know if it was a toy or if he was open carrying and was concerned that it might alarm people. Management was looking for him when the police arrived.

The 911 caller is a POS he admitted to lying on the 911 call. How he has not been charged I don't know. As for the cops shooting personally I think they reacted to quick to shoot but I am but at the same time they were given bad info the lead them to act that way.

The guy was ON THE PHONE....no chance anyone heard the police commands in the half a second time he had before police shot him! It's not like he pointed the gun at anyone, he was just standing there when he was shot.

I think the 911 caller caused the problem and should be charged...(now don't get me wrong, dude should have never picked up the toy gun and walked around the store with it)..

Toy guns are coming off the shelf. Walmart will post signs for no weapons allowed. Police and dispatch will be mandated to have XX hrs of training to defeat the exaggerated caller and how to react to what is actual.

911 will launch a school program teaching kids to be accurate when calling them.

-Don't look like a perp

-Don't exaggerate and make something out of nothing

-Don't over react.

-Don't be afraid to call authorities if you think something is suspicious

The guy was ON THE PHONE....no chance anyone heard the police commands in the half a second time he had before police shot him! It's not like he pointed the gun at anyone, he was just standing there when he was shot.

This is the biggest problem besides the 911 caller. The guy had around 1.2 SECONDS to hear the command, comprehend it and react before being hit with a bullet. 1.2 seconds......