movin on up...

The_buster

Well they started teaching me how to do new things and talking about me becoming a tech 2. Today I did a differential fluid exchange and a coolant exchange. As for new stuff I will be able to do shocks and struts as well as fluid exchanges. I'm excited and just wanted to share.

Also I was looking into a welding class. There is talk of sears maybe possibly doing exhaust work. Thought I would prepare myself and learn some welding. C-tec here in newark, old JVS, has some adult education classes and one is for welding. But it sounds like it's big structural welding and nothing what I'm looking for. Any suggestions on where to go for classes?

Tolles out in Plain City does adult education welding courses as well. Cost is about $300 for the course and it's a bargain because you'll probably burn up that much in materials in the class. There is a new instructor, I'm not sure exactly how the class runs now, but it used to be you worked on what you wanted to. Some folks worked on learning stick welding, some mig. I want to take the class again and spend my time on learning tig.

If it's just for automotive and exhaust you really only need to know MIG welding, I learned on the job as it is pretty basic. 90% of exbaust work doesn't need to be pretty anyway, just not leak. If you really want to better yourself there is certainly nothing wrong with taking a welding course, besides welding jobs pay better then anything you're doing.