Power Steering Bracket Options - SBC

caseyctsv

OK, my buddy and I set out this weekend to upgrade the manual steering to power steering in my daughters 1966 GMC Pick up (C10) that has been swapped with a 350/3 speed auto from a 1978 C10. I got the manual steering gear out and upgraded to a newer (remanufactured) box just fine with a kit I bought on line. That was supposed to be the hard part. It came with a power steering pump bracket that mounts in the stock location (drivers side low on the block). Unfortunately, it appears that somewhere along the way, someone broke off a bolt in that location and when I was running a bolt in it bottomed out and broke off the casting that protrudes from the block and has the threads. As such, I am trying to find a new location to mount the power steering pump. I have found "head mount" and "water pump" mounts - any experience with these? Recommendations? It is an early Saginaw pump with reservour attached. Everything else on the motor is stock but it does have headers.

Also keep in mind in the first pic there is still a bolt in that hole broken off. I considered drilling it out but given I don't have a lot of experience with it and am keenly aware of what would happen if I drill in too far I am looking at other mounting options.