f body vs gto wheel bolt patterns

pontiacfreak142

4th gen fboys are 5x4.75, the GTO is 5x120.

They are really close, I have seen issues twisting wheel studs. Chad had lots of issues with his wheel studs when he had those 20s on the car. I wouldn't do it.

Damn you, killing my hopes and dreams lol. I just wanna see what this damn car will run wth traction.

Anyone know what either bolt pattern is off hand? This 14's bullshit in the gto is just sad, but i cannot get traction for anything. With rolling out of the hole and still spinning, it went 14.1.

what's your tire pressure? tire compound? shocks?

you might need a set of DOT drag slicks and some 90/10 shocks just for the track.

4th gen fboys are 5x4.75, the GTO is 5x120.

They are really close, but I have seen issues twisting wheel studs. Chad had lots of issues with his wheel studs when he had those 20s on the car. I wouldn't do it.

This. So many people say "close enough" but I've seen way too many wheel stud issues to recommend it.

what's your tire pressure? tire compound? shocks?

you might need a set of DOT drag slicks and some 90/10 shocks just for the track.

Just some all season stock size tires. Not sure on pressure. Stock suspension. Its not my race car, so im not buying anything for it like that. I already have a set drag radials on my firebird that i was gonna stick on it if possible

On the opposite side, I run wheels intended for BMW (5x120 PCD) on 5x120.65 hubs and never a problem. I've also run 5x115 PCD on 5x114.3 and never a problem either.

I had replace 15 of 20 studs due to them being "close enough" when I bought my Z with GTO wheels on it. After that and seeing how easy they broke I'd never trust them to ride around on.

I had replace 15 of 20 studs due to them being "close enough" when I bought my Z with GTO wheels on it. After that and seeing how easy they broke I'd never trust them to ride around on.

15 out of 20 as in 3 out of 4 wheels?

Improper torque (as in too low) will cause broken studs. Improper seat matching (cone on ball or vice versa) will cause loosening of the nuts and eventually broken studs due to fatigue loading.

Improper torque (as in too low) will cause broken studs. Improper seat matching (cone on ball or vice versa) will cause loosening of the nuts and eventually broken studs due to fatigue loading.

I think the point is, most know "it's close" but if it isn't right how can you assure proper torque and fitment? Simply, you can't.

Edited by gillbot
ipad autocorrect fail

Simple fact is 5x120 is not 5x4.75. but then again I guess when it comes to personal preference some people choose to ride on unsafe lugs vs ones that are proper fitment. Then again people race on spacers when the directions say you shouldn't so to each his own.