Wipers

Sully

Did a search, but didn't find anything.

It's time to replace the windshield wipers on my car. I'm looking for an all-season wiper. I'm trying to compare Tirerack, Amazon, and the local auto parts store to get the best deal on the best blade. If it matters, my driver side is 24" and passenger side is 19".

So, what brand do you run and/or recommend?

What kind of car is it? If it's just a normal "J" hook connection, I use Duralast, from AZ, and tend to replace them about every 4-6 months. I've used cheap, middle, expensive, all of them. They all wear out, and all do the same job. So, use the middle of the road, and replace them once in a while. Too much trouble to put any more thought than that into wiper blades.....

I use Trico NeoForm and I oversize the blades to enhance coverage.

My wiper blades usually need replacement because they're dry-rotted, not because of wear. For me, the Trico Neoform lasts usually about 2 or so years.

I purchase whatever decently priced set is on sale at the time of need. Though, I must say some of my best luck with wipers have been buying from the dealer. My last couple Toyota purchases were as cheap as autozone, etc and seemed to last longer/work better. But, eh. I tend to get mine to last a year. I do clean my blades when they start to streak with a high % rubbing alcohol. You'd be amazed how much crap will come off them and how well they'll work again.

I don't have a garage so I always buy Bosch Icons. They last much much longer than your cheap ones. I can go at least 12 months before they start streaking. Excellent in snow and rain. They are worth the extra money.

Autozone and Advance sometimes has a sale buy one get one half off. Buy extra.

I don't have a garage so I always buy Bosch Icons. They last much much longer than your cheap ones. I can go at least 12 months before they start streaking. Excellent in snow and rain. They are worth the extra money.

Autozone and Advance sometimes has a sale buy one get one half off. Buy extra.

This. I put a pretty pricey set of Bosch on our minivan that gets the most use/crap all over it's 1,234sq ft windshield and they have been by far the best to date. I remember buying them last winter so they are nearly 12 months old baking in the sun and more and still great.

This. I put a pretty pricey set of Bosch on our minivan that gets the most use/crap all over it's 1,234sq ft windshield and they have been by far the best to date. I remember buying them last winter so they are nearly 12 months old baking in the sun and more and still great.

your windshield is HUGE!

Haven't really found any that seem to be worth paying much more for them. The best luck I've had was prob a Napa set with silicone blades.

Best performance I've had is achieved more by cleaning/rain-x application than blade type.

I use Bosch wiper blades myself. I think I paid like $14 each at Wal-Mart for the ones I have on my Durango, the last set lasted at least a year (were on the truck when I bought it) and I didn't really need to replace them, they only left one streak, but I figured it was time because they were at least a year old. The set that is on there now have been on the truck ~8 months, still work like new.

I always use RainXwiper blades that contour to the windshield (I think Bosch also has some that do this), i found that they work a LOT better than any other blades. Also i can get an easy 1-2 years out of the blades just by keeping them clean. About every other time i fill up my gas i grab a blue paper towel at the gas station and get some of the windshield cleaner on it and clean my blades (a lot of gunk comes off), and also keep my windshield clean and free of crap sticking to it. When craps stuck to the windshield and the blades have to keep going over rough surfaces really tends to wear them out real fast. I try to avoid that at all costs, while keeping my blades clean.

For TL;DR - Keep your windshield and blades clean, use blades that contour to the windshield.

Thanks for all the info. My current blades are a little over 2 years old and the original ones that were on the car when I bought it. I want something that's going to last more than 6 months. Maybe I'll just see if the dealer has OEM replacements and price those compared to Bosch.

Proper cleaning and a windsheild treatment will go a long way towards longevity and make most cheap blades work great for a while. I'm a cheap bastard, I buy the cheap ones we carry at work at my cost, and clean them with rubbing alchohol once and a while to bring them back to life, a little rain-x never hurt either.

Beam style blades are nice though, if I was to spend a little extra thats what I'd get.