.22 Plinker ideas?

Geeesammy

Looking to buy a plinker for myself and GF to have fun tinkering with. Don't really have too many requirements other than it being fairly cheap ( less than $250 is ideal) and that it is bolt action. Coming with or without a scope isn't a deal breaker, just needs to have a good set of sights on it.

Mainly looking for ideas..it will mainly be used by her, I'm just trying to get her eased into shooting so she can work up to my AR at some point.

If you have something you've thought about parting ways with feel free to PM me pics and a price with details and we may be able to work something out.

Damn, i'm mirin as long as it's not all plastic and feel like a air soft rifle

it's super hefty just like the MR556. GTG. I'm sure a lot of the furniture and stuff might interchange too.... (though the rail will only fit the MR556/HK416 due to it's odd height).

I have a CZ455 and love it. It's more than what you're willing to spend but you can swap barrels on it if you want to change calibers and it's a great out of the box shooter.

Maybe you can find one of the 454 for a good price right now.

I would definitely look at Savage though and go from there if you're looking for a bolt.

These are awesome I used to have one. The ammo is more expensive though but it will do lots of damage to small varmints.

At no point during the Great Panic could I not walk into a local store and pick up a box of it. You still can't say that about .22

At no point during the Great Panic could I not walk into a local store and pick up a box of it. You still can't say that about .22

Almost true. When the panic started for months I found zero .17hmr Ironically I sold my gun because there was no ammo. I already had a ruger 10/22 and a AR-7. Now the ammo is everywhere unlike 22LR. I miss that gun. Someone on CR has it now.

Love my Marlin Model 60. I put a super cheap Simmons 3x9 on it and it is dead nuts reliable.

I think I would go with a Savage .17 or something in 22 mag though if I was going to buy right now though. But I have a few boxes of 22 mag so that's why I mention it.