CR Kids Powersports?

zeitgeist57

With my kids too young to go karting, and I'm too cheap to get involved in quarter-midget racing or anything THAT organized...is there interest in some of you young-family guys out there for a group that gets together a few times a year to just have some auto fun? Whether it's Powerwheels racing, or small dirt bikes/pit bikes/ATVs bumping around...

I'd like to hang out with other dads that want their sons/daughters to enjoy some fun, light-competitive events that give them an avenue to perform behind the wheel. Some group that meets on private land and sets up courses based on what people are riding and age groups involved. You bring your own equipment and have fun. Let me know your thoughts...

Funny you post this, I was just talking to a buddy of mine who now lives in Florida the other day. He informed me that his son, who is the same age as mine (4) competes in a powerwheels racing league. Apparently it's pretty competitive down there and the one his kid races will run up to 12mph. He thought it was funny that I was modifying radio flyer wagons and he modifies power wheels, basically two grown ass men still playing with kids toys. With that said, I would probably be down to bring my son and his quad runner out to play with some new kids his age.

Great to hear the comments! To be clear, It would be pretty open; 2-3 hours, bring a snack and whatever the kids want to play with...if it's in a field we'd cone off a little road course so the Powerwheels could run around. If older kids were there with 50cc dirtbikes they can go after little ones have a break...ages 2-8 would be welcome...

I'm thinking about a central place like a softball field at Park of Roses...maybe something off of the highway. Unused parking lot...

It's more a chance for the kids to socialize around driving, and for us dads to help facillitate an environment for that.

My girlfriends son (7) has an electric razor scooter I have done a few things too this past summer to edge out the neighbor kids. I've been eyeballing a mx650 (electric dirtbike) to get him and mod. If something get's organized I'd gladly set him up with something to race.

My Father in law swears my little one will be in a quarter midget when shes of age. In the mean time this spring she will get a powerwheel.

Subscribed.

Oy. Do you know what it takes to $$$compete? Let alone the tow vehicle and trailer for the Qtr-Midget car...the racing suit, consumable parts, etc...was eye-watering to me for sure when I took my daughter for an open-house with a few laps under her belt at CMS...

Oy. Do you know what it takes to $$$compete? Let alone the tow vehicle and trailer for the Qtr-Midget car...the racing suit, consumable parts, etc...was eye-watering to me for sure when I took my daughter for an open-house with a few laps under her belt at CMS...

Yea, its nuts. my FIL travels all through the US following dirt track racing.

Crazy how competitive the kids that age can get.

With my kids too young to go karting, and I'm too cheap to get involved in quarter-midget racing or anything THAT organized...is there interest in some of you young-family guys out there for a group that gets together a few times a year to just have some auto fun? Whether it's Powerwheels racing, or small dirt bikes/pit bikes/ATVs bumping around...

I'd like to hang out with other dads that want their sons/daughters to enjoy some fun, light-competitive events that give them an avenue to perform behind the wheel. Some group that meets on private land and sets up courses based on what people are riding and age groups involved. You bring your own equipment and have fun. Let me know your thoughts...

You've seen my son drive! I'd like to start the smack talking, but he needs more hours under his belt before we sign up for anything where there could be casualties.

In all seriousness if you set something up we will be there (schedule permitting).

Guy at work had a jr. Dragster for sale for a long time.

CARSANDMILK.COM

That's a great sport! I ran Jr's after we got out of Motocross. Made the jump into a full supercomp rail car very easy. well as easy as it can going from a 8.x @80mph 1/8mile jr into a 5.0x at 135mph 1/8 rail... lol Jr's can be quite expensive as well, but the nice thing is that it's all dial in racing(mostly). so if you can't afford the big bore high dollar engines, then you just run slower times. It's all driver. And relatively safe.

I'm a bike guy though, so it was back to roadracing and motocross after high school.