Black Friday 2014???

Putty

There is definitely some glare. I still just prefer the picture over most of the led's. I always find myself staring at the motion artifacts when watching football etc with led's. And they don't really have the black levels of a plasma. My $.02

Bingo, Black contrast is much better on plasma, and so is refresh rates/artifact tracking.

They live long past the point you will want to upgrade them.

The glass glare can be a down side.

Overall I prefer plasma as well, for now.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, those looking at led vs plasma; whats your glare/light situation. Plasmas are great but have a glass screen and can show glares really bad.

I was and am biased having worked for Panasonic for years and owning many, but the newer LED and OLED's on the market are why they stopped selling Plasmas. The new 4k Sony I have is amazing and puts even my best Panny to shame. Glare on both isn't bad at all.

I was and am biased having worked for Panasonic for years and owning many, but the newer LED and OLED's on the market are why they stopped selling Plasmas. The new 4k Sony I have is amazing and puts even my best Panny to shame. Glare on both isn't bad at all.

I'm still running my 60inch Pioneer Kuro. Waiting for the right time to "upgrade". Still enjoying plasma for now.

:)

-D

Cable free for 7+ years now and proud of it. I have a great 50 mile HD antenna that receives the OTA HD signals in a much Higher quality than the compressed TWC. I run the 50/5 High speed internet (mostly for my Photography Stuff and crashplan backups). Using Netflix on a chromecast and a friend who has a 15TB Plex server with anything you could wish for to watch. Plus you find yourself watching a lot of stuff your interested in, not just shit because it's "on". Trust me you will not miss the one millionth rerun of Deadliest Catch.

Looking for a 40 inch smart tv,HH Gegg has a Samsung led for $328 http://www.hhgregg.com/samsung-40-1080p-led-smart-hdtv/item/UN40H5203

Big fan of my 58 inch Panasonic plasma too ! its in the basement so glare is not a big deal,picture is great and customizable...seeing a 4K screen yesterday would be the only tech that would make me want to upgrade.

I bought this on sale a couple weeks ago on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Antennas-Direct-C2-V-CJM-ClearStream-Outdoor/dp/B007RH5GZI/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1416758912&sr=1-11&keywords=digital+antenna

I get a better picture than my cable and especially netflix etc....and like Tilley I just go to a sports bar for Buckeye games that aren't on ABC, we have a couple dedicated Buckeye bars down here so its all good.

Just purchased a Roku despite having a smart tv, apps def work better than the build-ins on my Samsung. Cut the cable bill from $120/mo to $30.

Then got this for free as I'm a T-mobile customer: http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/11/t-mobile-personal-cellspot/

This is a pimp router, it has 13X the capacity of my old one and it didn't do wifi calling, loving it so far.

Big thing I'm hoping for this holiday is a car stereo amp, in particular this: http://www.arcaudio.com/p/ks-125-2-bx-mini

Hoping I can find a deal on this amp, they're spendy little things but damn nice and perfect for what I need.

Is that all tools only or does it come with some batteries? It shows 2 in the image but doesn't list any in the specs.

$600 retail? Seems inflated to me.

Is that all tools only or does it come with some batteries? It shows 2 in the image but doesn't list any in the specs.

Yeah it lists them

Batteries Included Yes

Charger Included Yes