Computer won't connect to intrawebs, WTF???

Mojoe

Running windows 7 ultimate. It's like I don't have the wifi turned on. However, it's the same when I connect directly to the router. The other computer in the house is running fine and connected. I have checked if anything Internet related is disabled, everything is enabled. Using both Internet explorer and Chrome, I get a message that says page can't be displayed, check connection. Doesn't matter what page I try, even ones from favorites. Have ran anti virus and spyware with nothing found.

WTF am I overlooking?

Thanks

I don't have those options, or anything resembling them. I have right clicked on everything that has to do with network, and there is no drop down with more options.

In the Control Panel change your "View by" dropdown from "Category" to either large or small icons.

Did all that. It was already unchecked. I'm guessing it replied. I don't know what it should or shouldn't say.

I don't think the broadband is connected through the WAN miniport. It has the user name info there, but no password. This is not a place I created a password for, nor have I used to go online before.

Did all that. It was already unchecked. I'm guessing it replied. I don't know what it should or shouldn't say.

I don't think the broadband is connected through the WAN miniport. It has the user name info there, but no password. This is not a place I created a password for, nor have I used to go online before.

If you get a reply then you are connected to the internet..

a reply will have time=XXms in the line

http://www.unsinc.com/images/ping4221.jpg

Check all around the edges of the laptop for a switch to turn the WiFi on and off. Might also be above the keyboard as a button or it could be a Function + Symbol deal.

This happens at work all the time. Someone bumps the hardware switch to turn the Wifi off.