bdruggan10r

What's up.

First, been an Ohio resident all of my 38 years. I ride a 2007 ZX10R. I am a police officer in Central Ohio. No I don't pick on bikers :violin: Some members have run into me on the job and know me as being a good guy.

I have a wife and 2 1/2 year old baby girl

I'm also a member of ZXforums.com under the same screen name.

P1000132.jpg

P1000140.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice bike, I see it doesn't have any "illegal" pipes on it :p

:welcome:, I hope to see you around on the bike and not the cruiser lol

Well, I just ordered the HR1 shorty pipe. Not sure what illegal is in Ohio, but I hope it doesn't qualify. :confused::rulez::D

I too don't want to get the attention of OSP.

Edited by bdruggan10r

Well, I just ordered the HR1 shorty pipe. Not sure what illegeal is in Ohio, but I hope it doesn't qualify. :confused::rulez::D

I too don't want to get the attention of OSP.

I got a muffler ticket in my car once, but that's a long story. Even "off road use only" sportbike pipes (basically all aftermarket) can't be heard next to Harley's. At least that's my opinion from a riders standpoint (my bike is pretty loud).

So what's your usual approach when you get a rider pulled over? I've yet to get stopped on my bike but everyone I know has always been treated real well. Kinda like: "thanks for stopping, there's no way my Vic could catch you."

Disclaimer: I would not and do not endorse running from po-po

I got a muffler ticket in my car once, but that's a long story. Even "off road use only" sportbike pipes (basically all aftermarket) can't be heard next to Harley's. At least that's my opinion from a riders standpoint (my bike is pretty loud).

So what's your usual approach when you get a rider pulled over? I've yet to get stopped on my bike but everyone I know has always been treated real well. Kinda like: "thanks for stopping, there's no way my Vic could catch you."

:lol:

Well, Ironically enough, I had a GSXR 1000 run from me yesterday, I know his first name, which I will not reveal. But he got dangerous and blasted traffic and a red light at a dangerous intersection, so I did not pursue. Not going to risk my life, innocents life or his life for a traffic stop.

Usually I don't like to write traffic tickets. If I stop a bike, I talk shop with em while I am getting things figured out and then off they go. But you are right, most bikes will skunk the Vics and Chargers. Just not the Motorolas.

Usually I don't like to write traffic tickets. If I stop a bike, I talk shop with em while I am getting things figured out and then off they go. But you are right, most bikes will skunk the Vics and Chargers. Just not the Motorolas.

+rep for you!

There was another thread on this forum somewhere about chases. I wasn't too surprised to find out that about 1/3 killed in pursuits are bystanders.

Welcome

Wife and kid huh?

I guess she hasn't started the - "You need to get rid of that thing before you get hurt blah blah blah"

Of course being a Police Officer ... your job would be more dangerous than the bike.. hmmm... interesting discussions I bet - I'd like to be a fly on your wall.

Well, Ironically enough, I had a GSXR 1000 run from me yesterday, I know his first name, which I will not reveal. But he got dangerous and blasted traffic and a red light at a dangerous intersection, so I did not pursue. Not going to risk my life, innocents life or his life for a traffic stop.

+1 and rep....nothing can out run our Motorolas ;)

Hope where you are at the economy has not effected your job as it has mine :( We will have to get together, ride and swap stories when I am laid off! Welcome to the site, good to have company 1*