Daily growler.

TheMrWes

I like beer. With that being said I'd like to go and enjoy tasting some brews at the daily growler in UA. I don't have any specific day in mind I guess it's just what ever day majority votes. With the holidays coming up I will be traveling a lot and won't be here for the CR Holiday party but I'd still like to hang out with you guys. So I listed their hours below when's the best time for you if you want to join?

Hours

Mon-Thu 3 pm - 10 pm

Fri-Sat 12 pm - 12 am

Sun 12 pm - 8 pm

In Upper Arlington, you say?

Seems to me that there's another CR member who lives in Upper Arlington. I can remember him mentioning once or twice that he lived there. http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/emoticons/confused0006.gif Now, who is that?

Perhaps he would be willing to join you.

I'll let you know if I remember who that is.

Seems to me that there's another CR member who lives in Upper Arlington. I can remember him mentioning once or twice that he lived there. http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/emoticons/confused0006.gif Now, who is that?

He has no choice but to join.

They have good beer, but personally I think the whole Grolwer thing is a giant scam. You're getting less then a 6-Pack for like $17.

That said their happy hour sounds like a good deal.

And Yuppy Fucks, The Daily Growler is full of Yuppy fucks. *Throws on NorthFace Jacket, Heads out to Piadia*

When you find him, ask if he'll give me a ride

10/10 Doc.

Would read again every day for eternity.

Didn't even know that was there and its right down the road from me.

What's the big deal with growlers? Ive noticed them take off in the past few years. Just about anywhere I buy beer has them now. Hell, even Giant Eagle has growlers. I'm a huge beer fan and love my microbrews (sipping on a Lagunitas as I type). I may get into these growlers but with the ability to mix and match 6 packs is holding my attention for now

HAIGUYZ! I LIVE IN OPPER URLINGTUN!!!1!1

The nice thing about the Daily Growler is the happy hour: every day of the week, HALF OFF drafts, $1 off growlers, and daily GOD (growler of the day). Yes, depending on the keg the growlers can be pricey, but I go there with 2 or 3 bottles and come home with more than a week's worth of delish for $40 or less.

I'd be down for Thursday but I've got an ACG thingy at the Franklin Park Conservatory...:fa:

What's the big deal with growlers?

Microbreweries usually only have the capability to bottle/can a few of their beers. Or even if they could do it, they won't do it on their smaller run beers because it just doesn't make economic sense. But they can and do put those beers in Kegs. So what I like it for is the ability to get beers to my house that I would otherwise have to go to a bar for. But that doesn't fully explain why they've exploded because that's probably not a majority of the beers people are buying in growlers.

I do like that you can taste it before you can buy it at most places (for a small fee, which I think has more to do with Ohio laws than making a profit).

I'm down to go to the Daily Growler... after a week and a half since I'm out of town on business. I'm off the 2 weeks around Christmas/New years so I can do basically any time around then.

I'd like to go visit some of the newer breweries I haven't been to yet also if some people are down.

The nice thing about the Daily Growler is the happy hour: every day of the week, HALF OFF drafts, $1 off growlers, and daily GOD (growler of the day). Yes, depending on the keg the growlers can be pricey, but I go there with 2 or 3 bottles and come home with more than a week's worth of delish for $40 or less.

Yeah, their GOD prices are great... otherwise they seem a little on the expensive side compared to other places with the same product. I got a growler of Enjoy By for something like $11 or $12. Felt like I was ripping the place off.

Huge into craft beer, found out about Untappd last Nov and I am almost at 500 different beers, maybe 100 of those 4 oz samples, the rest full bottles/cans. We need a beer section of this forum.

Also I know someone on this site goes to VT over the winter.... who can bring me back a case of Heady? We did the Alchemist and HF last Nov and plenty of other VT breweries.

Huge into craft beer, found out about Untappd last Nov and I am almost at 500 different beers, maybe 100 of those 4 oz samples, the rest full bottles/cans. We need a beer section of this forum.

Also I know someone on this site goes to VT over the winter.... who can bring me back a case of Heady? We did the Alchemist and HF last Nov and plenty of other VT breweries.

Add me

Username: richardV

I just now saw this thread and already made plans last night. A few coworkers and I USED to go for happy hour after work. I feel it is a rip off if you buy anything when it is not happy hour. Normally we get there at 6:30 after work and only have 30 mins to buy. I buy 2 beers at a time otherwise I will get stuck behind some yuppy fucker who wants to sample everything! Seriously this has happened twice and they wouldn't give me happy hour prices because it was 7:04. The growlers are over expensive if you are not getting the growler of the day. Somehow I have 2 empty ones at my house... The staff is not really nice including the owner. I only had one good experience and I don't think that guy even works there anymore. Most of the people won't even acknowledge me when I come up with cash in hand. No HI SIR, no How can I help you, nothing but a head nod. What the fuck is up with that?

I quit going there and it is a shame because I was dropping a lot of money there. At least 2 pints and 2 growlers every trip once a week. Oh well maybe other people will have better experiences.

Two good things I can say is they let you order and eat takeout in there from a few close places. Ask for the menus they have a few. The greek place next door is pretty good. Also if you happen to get waited on the guy who was nice to me they will give you free samples. Just be nice and say you are not sure what you want. I like IPAs what do you suggest? Oh number 20? Can I get a little taste before I commit to a growler? Thanks man how about 35? Oh thanks for the 2nd tiny taste.