Hot Rod Power Tour 2015

Kohones

I'm wondering if anyone on here has ever participated in this? Apparently they started it in like 1995? My future brother in law wants to do it and has asked me to register my car with him.

I'm looking for advice etc, as we are not able to "start with tour" but would join it in like day two? So we'll miss their drivers meeting etc - It appears if you're a newb to this thing the info for 1st timers is somewhat vague?

Hot Rod's website has a lot of great information:

http://www.hotrod.com/events/hot-rod-power-tour/2014/hot-rod-power-tour-2015-dates-locations-registration-and-faq/

I know there are a few Power Tour veterans on CR. This is definitely something I'm wanting to do with my kids when they get older!

gillbot - I could use some "tips" since you've done it? I'm not doing whole tour just 3/4 of it - things like rules of the road? Can you drive? or are ya stuck with thousands of cars going like 10 mph? Any info is appreciated really

We met up as they rolled through, an entire group of us just lined up on the side of the highway. As they approached, they let us all merge in. We didn't participate officially so we just cruised with them. When we got to the destination we parked elsewhere and proceeded to look around. It's been a while but I think we could have registered when we got there and parked with them but most decided not to.

I believe you can partially participate, just check the link and register for the portions you can. There are lots of threads and info on this, just search around and read up.

Thanks - 1 question I have is there's sooo many vehicles do you get to go the speed limit or are you stuck with the thousands and thousands of cars & end up creeping along at 5 mph? lol

Do you mean between events or what?

We went at our own pace and typically got some roll-on races in waiting for others..lol. You can stay in a big group if you want, or go with your friends (own group) or go alone at whatever speed you want. Once you start getting close to the next stop then you'll see signs or the line for the special area parking at each stop.

Some cars can't take the 5mph cruising or line waiting. You'll see a lot broken on the side of the road or having issues the entire time. Make sure whatever you are taking is reliable and not a new build first time out..

Heh heh, if he breaks down, I'll merely pull over and give moral support and maybe my AAA card - as you know there's no room for anything much in the back of a C6

YOU NEED A JOB!! :cool:

Shouldn't you be using your retired time to be out buying me presents for Christmas?!

-Marc