Track Fairings

PrincessPratt

Well I REALLY enjoyed myself at mid ohio AFTER I got the scared rod out of my butt! :D Thus, I want to do some more track days but I realized I'm a bit nervous about going down with my current plastics. What are some good websites to look for plastics? Also I'm not sure about how to tell if they will fit my 06 gsxr. Anyone with info would be greatly appreciated! ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know her but give her credit at least she is out there doing it!!! and with a decent bike she has why not have a couple hundred dollar set of plastics... actually seems like a logical choice if she plans to continue it....

and yeah I gotta say I had to reread as well :eek:

I think you should buy some race plastics if you are going to do more and more track days. That is a very smart decision. I wouldn't listen so much to the nay sayers and do whatever you want.. especially if you has teh moniez.

Oh' date=' and Chris said you progressed very well on Sunday. He said you improved drastically. I thought you should know that. [b']Keep it up and soon you'll be passing all the guys on this board. (not that it would require great amounts of skill)

speaking of lulz

I only pay attention to the people that actually matter in life. I don't know what I ever did to mike but it's quite apparent he's got some unresolved anger issues. I've got ample money to purchase track plastics so why should I not b cautious? ;). You can total out a bike with ruined plastics. I've seen it done many a times over. I think spending a couple hundred dollars on track fairings if u have the means is only common sense.

And thanks to those of u who had my back. IP thank u for the words of encouragement. Chris was very resourceful ok Sunday.

Honestly, the Ebay sets are pure shit and require TONS of time in getting them to fit right. Unless that link is for the street stuff that is in replica paint schemes as they are actually pretty good... The race fiberglass stuff is terrible.

Optimal Racing sells sets for something like $380 to your door. Pretty good from what I have seen, but you seriously get what you pay for.

My opinion is that you need to check the WERA board and look for good used plastics. You can PM me and shoot me a link for some that you see to get my opinion as many of the sets are different and many companies do different levels of quality under the same name...

My top choice is Sharkskins, but you'll pay for them. Attack has some good stuff as well as Armor's top shelf stuff...

It's all what you want to spend.

Sorry we didn't get to talk long. I usually get pretty slammed and never seem to have time until the end of the day. Good to meet you for the 2 minutes at tech...:p

Sara... Get a set of the Optimal Racing plastics. They are more then enough for what you need and get good reviews. Im going to disagree with Lizard and tell you not to get a used set because I know you and you will not be happy with the quality of a used set as they will have nicks, chips, and paint you most likely wont like. Just get the optimal racing set and then if you decide you want them painted you can have attack painter paint them. Unfortunately the shipment coming for your model has been postponed again as they are having a hard time keeping up with demand. You can either google them and maybe find a set or go with another manufacturer, or if you think you will be satisfied (Im telling you that you wont) get used.

if she's going to be concerned about nicks, chips and paint quality then she needs to reevaluate why she needs track plastics.

Fact of the matter is that she is picky and will want it to look good as well. The thing about buying used track plastics is that they always look better in the pics you see then what they look like up close in person.

Ive bought used track plastics that looked awesome in the pics and when I got them, I spent a TON of time refinishing them. Besides,, She said she has "ample" money to get them so she might as well get new

i wasn't talking about the beat down cracked and broken used... more like the ones that have been through a few seasons but are still good condition and the rider doesn't want to race anymore or has a new bike and no need for the old one anymore.

that kind of used.

if they are broken or cracked then obviously yea don't buy those.