Building a budget gaming PC

mrs.cos

I am still so far out of wack on building PC's anymore that I really dont feel like i can help my friend pick out parts for his new PC.

He's given me a budget of up to $800.

It will literally only need to play world of warcraft (some raiding, not a heavy raider) and some Sim Farming game..

(he has added watching movies, surfing web, but really anything will do that fine anymore)

He will be building this (first time PC builder) so i want to make it as simplistic as possible parts wise.

He wont need an OS, i have that covered for him. He only needs the PC.

So, Case, Fans, CPU, Memory, hard drive (possibly a SSD?) (he has a DVD/burner) sound card (though onboard may be fine) GPU

im open to suggestions, ill be walking him through the build process.

$800 can build a pretty nice PC. That's usually what I spend every 5-6 years for an updated one for myself. I usually reuse monitors, keyboard, sometimes the case, etc.

Unless others know a better place to order parts, I get everything at micro center. Price is usually better than anywhere I look online.

These days building a PC from parts is very easy, most things plug and play, so not a lot of configuration for basic use.

He could buy a hundred dollar rig off CL for those games..

WoW utilizes CPU more than GPU and also does a lot of HD reads so he will get a better experience with an SSD. Im not too up to date on the exact current parts.