Gas prices and stocks

Tindall2006

I own Transocean (RIG) and have enjoyed a slaughter since the fall. Good thing I plan on living to see the stock come back in the next decade. :lol:

As with any investment, buying oil/gas/energy stocks should be done with regards to what your invested money needs to be doing for you. If you've got money to sock away for the next 5-10 years without needing to touch it, not a bad idea to get in now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the market continues to dip, especially if Schlumberger, Transocean and other energy companies decide to cut dividends.

Man I sure hope gas stays this low or keeps diving. I remember back in 98/99 that shit was $1.00 a gallon.

I read a thing a few weeks ago about oil settling at about $65/bbl and gas at about 1.90. It will go down a bit more but will come back up before stagnating at the above cost.

I own Transocean (RIG) and have enjoyed a slaughter since the fall. Good thing I plan on living to see the stock come back in the next decade. :lol:

As with any investment, buying oil/gas/energy stocks should be done with regards to what your invested money needs to be doing for you. If you've got money to sock away for the next 5-10 years without needing to touch it, not a bad idea to get in now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the market continues to dip, especially if Schlumberger, Transocean and other energy companies decide to cut dividends.

May want to keep an eye on the merger talks between Halliburton and Baker hughes, they'll still be smaller than schlum, but will be taking over the number one spot in a few key aspects of drilling.

May present a few buying opportunities at a temporary down.

*Oil is at $56/bbl now.

You are correct. Im saying its going to go down a little bit more before going back up and settling at $65/bbl.

Actually, as of this afternoon, the Feb strip was at ~$52.

NG Feb strip is @ $2.95 (That's low, but in May of 12 is got down to $1.60 for prompt strip)

Unless you pay attention, the commodity company stocks are always trickier than anything else to trade.

I have one company from last year that I'll be holding a while to see if they recover, otherwise my other longs did awesome 100%+ gains. Day trading I maintained my average of around 67% over the year.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, NFLX is up 17% on the day, hopefully someone bought it with me. AMZN & BABA are still super cheap, imo. As for oil I think we will see below $40 per barrell, once I pick a floor I'm buying into an oil index.

As of today, the FEB price is $46.13 for Crude and $2.888 for NG.

It spiked BIG TIME last week, up to $48+, but lost it all today. I have been saying that I think that $40 might be the floor the whole time, but I wouldn't be surprised at $38.