Jobs that don't offer health insurance?

2 Sweet

My girlfriend got offered a job in her field that she's very interested in. It would be a step up from her current job and a solid move for her career. Very small company, but they have been around for a long time and all their employees have worked there for several years. Good hours, decent benefits, etc. The only thing they don't offer is health insurance. Her current employer offers health insurance, but it's kind of shitty.

I am 100% clueless about anything related to this stuff. How do you get health insurance if your company doesn't offer it? Does anyone have advice or experience with this? Is it odd that a company doesn't offer health insurance for full-time employees?

Unfortunately even next year when all companies over 50 ppl must offer healthcare or pay a fine, the fine is cheaper if you are a small company (2K per person over first 30 employees).

Hopefully someone on here has some insight dealing with it or one of the companies that helps you and is not shady.

Finding a plan yourself is the best bet...Can be $$$ still, unless its one of those high-deductible plans :(

My company is only like 10 people and we go through OPOC, which I believe pools us in with a bunch of other small companies so that we can even begin to get plans. I've since been lucky enough to kiss that goodbye and just get on my wife's plan. Yay for huge companies!