ps3 issues

wnaplay1647545503

A few years back I traded someone on here for a ps3. I asked the kids about it today amd they stated it was never used because it never read ps3 games for more than a few minutes which seems odd because they stated it plays ps2 games just fine. I wish they would have brought this to my attention the day I brought it home or before people kept buying games for the damn thing for holidays. Any ideas why this thing would do this or a repair?

Sounds like your volunteering

I have a fat PS3 that I got on day one... I have always been curious how much they are really worth even in today's market. Mine is flawless and was a 60GB model with 4 USB on the front and WIFI... any idea what those go for in the right places?

I have a fat PS3 that I got on day one... I have always been curious how much they are really worth even in today's market. Mine is flawless and was a 60GB model with 4 USB on the front and WIFI... any idea what those go for in the right places?

Probably $200 or so

Care to explain?

The original fat PS3 were supposed to play PS2 games and I think??? PS1 games. The remodeled skinny console took away this option because Sony is a bag of dicks. Thanks Sony for making me buy every system. Funny my original PSX STILL FUCKING WORKS. Why couldn't you use those lasers in your other consoles ?

Probably $200 or so

The original fat PS3 were supposed to play PS2 games and I think??? PS1 games. The remodeled skinny console took away this option because Sony is a bag of dicks. Thanks Sony for making me buy every system. Funny my original PSX STILL FUCKING WORKS. Why couldn't you use those lasers in your other consoles ?

Interesting. Thanks.

Not exactly correct. Any of the PS3's can play PS1 games, but the original PS3 literally had the hardware of an entire PS2 in it in addition to the PS3's hardware. Sony took it away because the PS3 was originally $600 and no one bought it, and even at that price point Sony lost money on every single unit sold. They tried emulation for a while which sort of worked, but they eventually scrapped it. Hackers have made progress getting it to work again, though.

Not exactly correct. Any of the PS3's can play PS1 games, but the original PS3 literally had the hardware of an entire PS2 in it in addition to the PS3's hardware. Sony took it away because the PS3 was originally $600 and no one bought it, and even at that price point Sony lost money on every single unit sold. They tried emulation for a while which sort of worked, but they eventually scrapped it. Hackers have made progress getting it to work again, though.

I would like to correct this statement. Not every PS3 can play PS1 & PS2 games. only those with the "emotion engine" chip could play all PS2 and some PS1 games via the hardware. I believed they scrapped the whole backwards compatibility in 2008 right before they released the slim versions and killed Linux support.

I miss booting to Yellow Dog Linux on mine =(

I would like to correct this statement. Not every PS3 can play PS1 & PS2 games. only those with the "emotion engine" chip could play all PS2 and some PS1 games via the hardware. I believed they scrapped the whole backwards compatibility in 2008 right before they released the slim versions and killed Linux support.

I miss booting to Yellow Dog Linux on mine =(

"However, all versions of the PS3 are able to play PS1 games."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_backward_compatible_PlayStation_2_and_PlayStation_games

I think we have conflicting information =(

This comes from Sony's site directly. You can play PS1 downloaded games on any PS3, but according to their website it says that not every PS3 and play both PS1 and PS2 discs.

"Only a limited number of PS3 systems have the ability to play disc based PlayStation and PlayStation 2 software titles"

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/232/~/play-playstation%2Fplaystation-2-games-on-playstation-3-system

Sony is still a bag of dicks. Why did I buy one PSX, 3 PS2s, 1 PS3, and 1 PS4? Because Sony said fuck you that's why. My xbox 360 is cool. I only bought 3 of those and all my xbox original games I own all work in the 360 :)

Also something something PC MASTER RACE

Sony is still a bag of dicks. Why did I buy one PSX, 3 PS2s, 1 PS3, and 1 PS4? Because Sony said fuck you that's why. My xbox 360 is cool. I only bought 3 of those and all my xbox original games I own all work in the 360 :)

Also something something PC MASTER RACE

I am all for the PC Master Race... Trying to sell my Alienware Laptop to get money to build my own desktop if anyone is interested.

A few years back I traded someone on here for a ps3. I asked the kids about it today amd they stated it was never used because it never read ps3 games for more than a few minutes which seems odd because they stated it plays ps2 games just fine. I wish they would have brought this to my attention the day I brought it home or before people kept buying games for the damn thing for holidays. Any ideas why this thing would do this or a repair?

need to know the model number on the back of the system, then buy one of these that match your model number: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS3-Slim-Laser-Lens-KES-450A-KEM-450A-KEM-450AAA-CECH-2001A-CECH-2001B-Deck-/130654431158?pt=US_Video_Gaming_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item1e6b9c67b6

you can install it yourself with in 30 min. problem solved.