WTB Amazon fire stick or something similar

Big A

I have amazon fire stick with tvmc (xbmc, kodi, whatever else it's called) and it works well. I just ordered this (will take 3weeks probably to get here) to play with but may be worth looking at.

MK808B Plus:

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_126894.html

Coupon code:

MK808BCN

This brings it down to $29.99 shipped.

Good specs, rooted out of the box and it's full Droid OS. Can load whatever you want on there. Has full USB port to add kb/mouse, external drive...etc.

Other option is Micro Center has a Winbook 7inch tablet with full Win 8.1 OS. $59.99 or get on opened box one for $47.99. I picked up the open boxed one. Great bang for the buck to use as a media player to TV. And you can install whatever software you want on it.

Good luck and have fun!

-D

I would go with something ethernet as well like the FireTV or maybe a Nexus Player. I have always enjoyed my Chromecast, but I have found its WiFi strength to be very low if it is not under 15 feet from my WiFi. I do have many walls in my house which do affect its performance but anyways...

If you want to watch Prime Videos you can always get a Chromecast and then stream from a laptop to your TV with the Chrome Extension. It should be noted that that is in Beta and can sometimes be a bit glitchy (at least in my experience). For the best results with Amazon services I would go with a FireTV and set it up on wired internet or Firestick ONLY if your WiFi is strong in my opinion.