NAIAS Tomorrow (Friday), I'm looking for a car, any Photo requests while i'm there?

SpaceGhost

Not a pro picture taker, pics will be with my iPhone 6+, Will do my best to complete requests. Let me know, will check thread tomorrow and if any requests I will do my best to fulfill, I will post here through Tapatalk.

I'm going to look at options to Trade the STI in on maybe, after my head gasket and valve job fiasco with Byers last year the car has now started to burn more oil than it used to. I have a 100k mile warranty, but the thought of dealing with any Subaru dealer in town has me just saying fuck it. The car is stock, and really no longer makes me smile, and is not really fun to drive anymore, gets shitty gas milage on Premium. Think I may trade it, it's been paid off for a year so should get some good money for it. We ordered a pretty nice Grand Cherokee that should be built/delivered by March. I know I'll get flack but I'm really undecided, LOL, may keep it, may trade it, no clue what I want, 25k-30k is my ceiling I think. Better to stay around 25k. I'm considering vert Mustang GT, F150 ecoboost, New Accord for gas milage and reliable. Feels crazy, who cross shops these? New Jeep will be the Family hauler so we will drive it mostly. I'm 40 this year, and yep feeling cliche and kind of want a fun car, but the responsible adult in me says buy a A-B ok gas car that will be trouble free car (no payment) While I pay for the Jeep. After all I will only drive it to work and home. Would absolutely love to buy a 65 Factory Five Shelby Cobra replica, but kids are still too young, still need 4 seats. Yes a mid life crisis car. None online I have liked, and I cannot build one. If I keep the Subaru my other thought is to build the Subaru when it comes time, larger turbo, E85 and smile for a bit, but know I'll never get the money out of it. Fuck I'm a mess, never been so lost. Pic requests and/or sugestions are welcome.

Let's sit down and talk. You're making me upset.

If you're not happy and have had bad experiences with maintenance issues, a skateboard is going to sound appealing. I thought you were at least bolt on's and a tune. That's all I am and I get 23.7 MPG in the city and 26.4 on the highway with cruise at 73mph. There is 90,000 miles of difference in our cars. Your HG and oil issue would piss me off too. This year he added a truck to his mix. I still have a plan for a utility vehicle of sorts. 5-10 years ago, we had no function or interest for those types vehicles. Blah Blah Blah, you get what I'm saying.

In the end, just like the 50 "what car should I get" threads on here. You have to get what works for you and your priorities. Going to detroit is a great collection of what's new, to help you make an informed decision. Now I'm waiting to hear from you what peaked your interest from the show, and why.

FYI, my buddy went this week. He was texting more pics of the spokesmodels than the cars. So, I'm sure CR wouldn't mind seeing them as well as the cars.

I think you may like the Jeep compact. Stick, 4x4, gets great gas mileage, and under 19k.

Pics of said Jeep compact. I know the name but I can't remember how to spell it...Renegade?

The Renegade looks interesting, considering you can get an AWD 6 speed manual 1.4L turbo for $20k. I think the car could be a hit but waiting to see what the press says. The press show was this week in California, so you'll start to see reviews come out.

:gabe:

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af40/ted_kennedy/BA3255A2-F6A2-4F1E-90E1-DB6B7CB87045_zpstx4hkuoa.jpg

When I was there some guy asked to get on stage with her for a pic. She said that's not allowed, so she stepped down to the floor. He girlfriend didn't look happy.

Check out the new F150 if you are thinking about a truck. The interior room and features with kids are awesome right now and only available on most luxury cars let alone a truck.

Mustang GT is nice with the RECARO and track pack for the price but not sure what you like. Several other options in that price if you are counting $25-30k + your STi trade?

It does look interesting. Would love pics of the Renegade as well. It sounds like AWD...calling it a 4x4 isnt correct based on what I have read.

The embargo has lifted so you'll probably see a flood of info today.

There's a Limited on the show floor with the My Sky roof opened up.

From Expedition Portal's Facebook

David H: Expedition Portal any seat time with base w/ 6 speed?

Expedition Portal: Yes. I got seat time in the base model, straight through to the Limited variant and Trailhawk. The 6 speed is fun, sporty, and zips down the road with surprising speed. The Tigershark engine s are really superb. The Trailhawk however, was the show stopper. Shockingly capable, people will want to hate it for being as good as it is. Those who actually drive it...now get it. This is a game changer as much as I hate that turn of phrase.

We all appreciate your Subaru honesty.

Sorry to hear though man. :fuuuu:

Had to go to hell and back for them to work on it and warranty it. After a month it was finally accepted, and they covered it 100% but nobody should have to go through that to have warranty work done. At one time the service guy told me to just blow it up completely. I told him no. That is where misleading a customer to misuse the car and think Subaru would then magically warranty the car was ridiculous. And where I got off the train. Will never purchase another Subaru the rest of my life. Combined with shitty service and hassle I never want to set foot in a Subaru Service Department ever again. Although I do hear Paul Lisska is now with Tesla. So maybe stuff changed up at Billingsley. My mistake was going to Airport Subaru.