Matte finish: remove shine from paint?

dragknee66

There is no way to "dull" it that will blend without repainting (as far as I am aware of). I am assuming you have the Harley "Denim" paint finish which uses a semi-gloss (or semi-matt depending on the mixture, a full matte is a rough finish) clear topcoat. Basically your seat polished the rough finish out of the clear coat.

The only thing I can recommend is getting a clear matte protection film (like the one made by XPEL) and putting it over any contact areas and the shiny spot to prevent the new seat from doing the same and sort of even things out looks wise.

It is possible you could wetsand it with something like 800 grit sandpaper but I doubt you will ever get it to blend.

There is nothing you can do to take the shine out of it, but wetsand it. Doing that though, its a guess game as to what grit and how far to go. Leave it alone Johnny.

Gracias I shall leave it be :)

On another note I just ended up swapping the seat for another custom made Corbin that WILL cover these spots.. I couldn't take it!