My Apology to everyone on here I've attacked for Spiritual reasons

thorne

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it's anyone here's business, (although I wouldn't tell you jerks if I did something spiritual like Thorne did so I guess it's on him), but I knew Mandy too and I am sure she would be happy and supportive of him. What Thorne went through is a lot for such a young person and many spouses wouldn't have stayed or been as supportive as he was to her through YEARS of her being sick.

Thanks Man,

It was a hard road, I know she's in a much better place now. She suffered for so long and almost passed away on many occasions. The day she passed she made me promise I would not sit and wallow in despair. She told me this: "Bill Please don't cry I won't be there to wipe you tears, Please Move on with your life."

It wasn't easy it was super hard and I feel like its part of the reason I had become to dark and bitter. I am not sure to be honest. What I do know is I feel like a different person now.

Does Nitrousbird know this?

BEST POST HERE.

There wouldn't be enough internet for 8 days of it.

Thorne, im happy for you and imma let you finish. But you wore one of the worst shirts of all time, of all time.

Think you can pray for CTD to make 2000hp with the lambo?

Thats good. Sometimes it takes different things for people to see things one way or another. Glad you've found the comfort you've been looking for.

So do you not believe in evolution now? What about stem cell research? just trolling.

Jokes aside don't ever for get what it was like being on the atheist side.

My best friend, essentially my brother, is what I would call 'very' religious. He goes to church every week. He follows lent, closely. He and his wife didn't select either of their siblings as god parents because they didn't really follow religion which in their eyes was the purpose of a god parent...to lead their children spiritually.

He has not once ever said anything snide to me. You cuss too much! Going to hell! You don't believe Jesus was your savior?! going to hell. You get the point you've been there. One of the reasons we respect each other mutually is because we realize thats probably the only difference between us but deep down we still are just good people and that is the purpose of it all.

I have pretty high respect for him from a stand point in he believes in something non-tangible. They base their lives on something that there is really no way to prove. That takes a lot of personal strength and will power.

Another thing I respect is he's not on facebook every day. Someone posts that their kid stubbed their toe and goes way over board "My brother I will pray for you and will the lord jesus have his will and heal that toe soon". The over the top religious stuff drives me bonkers.

If I'm wrong about all this, I'm assuming my name, Christian, will be the loophole that allows me into heaven. And if not, I'm Puerto Rican, there's nowhere you can keep me out of.

You'll mature on this too, in time.

Surely, you see the inanity of this and there's no need for me roll you on it. :)

Thats good. Sometimes it takes different things for people to see things one way or another. Glad you've found the comfort you've been looking for.

So do you not believe in evolution now? What about stem cell research? just trolling.

Jokes aside don't ever for get what it was like being on the atheist side.

My best friend, essentially my brother, is what I would call 'very' religious. He goes to church every week. He follows lent, closely. He and his wife didn't select either of their siblings as god parents because they didn't really follow religion which in their eyes was the purpose of a god parent...to lead their children spiritually.

He has not once ever said anything snide to me. You cuss too much! Going to hell! You don't believe Jesus was your savior?! going to hell. You get the point you've been there. One of the reasons we respect each other mutually is because we realize thats probably the only difference between us but deep down we still are just good people and that is the purpose of it all.

I have pretty high respect for him from a stand point in he believes in something non-tangible. They base their lives on something that there is really no way to prove. That takes a lot of personal strength and will power.

Another thing I respect is he's not on facebook every day. Someone posts that their kid stubbed their toe and goes way over board "My brother I will pray for you and will the lord jesus have his will and heal that toe soon". The over the top religious stuff drives me bonkers.

I work with bible thumpers and I get told daily that myself and my daughter are going to hell because she's a lesbian and I won't disown her... fuck that nonsense... organized religion is a means of control... nothing more, nothing less... and steamed from fear and control... you don't believe what we say... we'll burn you at the stake and tell you we are saving your soul

I work with bible thumpers and I get told daily that myself and my daughter are going to hell because she's a lesbian and I won't disown her... fuck that nonsense... organized religion is a means of control... nothing more, nothing less... and steamed from fear and control... you don't believe what we say... we'll burn you at the stake and tell you we are saving your soul

There are several gay men in the building I work in that are complete miserable assholes, guess they must all be like that.

I am sorry that is your experience. That is not what the Bible teaches. Some organized religions do more harm than good.

I just hope all of you naysayers take the time to investigate on your own versus listening to the rhetoric we hear all too often. Remember there are very smart people on the believers side too.

Gay men are normally pretty happy at least that's what the movies show... :-) as far as investigation... I was baptized Catholic... my mother was 1st generation off the boat from Italy and I know more about religion than most people... spent time investigation religions and found my own way. With that being said... most people are intelligent and when I try to discuss with them, they admit that most things sound like nonsense, but because it's the bible it must be true. it's blatant indoctrination... Anyways, I'm on vacation and it's time to go "paint the town"

• 2 weeks later...