Decent lease deal on 2015 Toyota Camry SE

BigOxley

If anyone is in the market for a lease.

I went to Toyota Direct to check on a website lease deal. Steve, my salesman, was an older laidback guy who checked on the lease. He told me that for the most part Toyota Direct's advertisements are spot on. He came back and told me that it was good-to-go.

Deal was $239.97/month for 24 months with no trade (I'm assuming they want a trade on these deals.) With trade it's $189.97. 12,000 miles a year. No out-of-pocket. Taxes, title, doc. fee, acquisition fee and first month's payment included in the monthly. There is a lease end fee of $350.00. It's a closed end lease.

Toyota offers free service for the first two years of ownership, so no maintenance costs for the life of my lease. Toyota Direct offers free car washes also.

Car is pretty sharp. Standard equipment includes auto trans, backup camera, Bluetooth and 18" alloy wheels. Only option was floor mats, I think.

For pain free reliable transportation, this seems like a great deal.

There are a few left in stock for this deal.

2015-02-10.jpg

Edited by BigOxley

What do you mean by trade? Like a lease trade in? Or an owned car? Sorry if that is a dumb question...Ive never leased and was curious. Heated seats?

EDIt: I see it is a literal trade-in. Wonder if it matters how much its worth?? Can I trade in a 2500 dollar car?

What do you mean by trade? Like a lease trade in? Or an owned car? Sorry if that is a dumb question...Ive never leased and was curious.

I would imagine he's referencing no Capital Cost Reduction/down payment out of pocket money to lower your payment, etc.... Rule #1 never put money down on a lease to lower your payment. I'd be happy to explain why via phone or PM. In the end it takes away the purpose of a lease which is capital in your bank account. If you can't afford it without putting money down, you're buying too much car.

I see it is a literal trade-in. Wonder if it matters how much its worth?? Can I trade in a 2500 dollar car?
See above. Personally if you're trading in a car, take it as Actual Cash Value not trade value and put the money in your pocket.

LOL as I type this a black SE with Temp tags from Toyota Direct just parked in front of my office :) One of my coworkers had them drop it off. Small world. Sharp car for the money. To show how good of a deal this is when my wife was in law school back in 96'ish time frame Toyota ran a $199mo deal on an SE Camry back then. We leased it for 2yrs under a similar program so she'd have a reliable ride. That was 18 yrs ago and now for a few bucks more you can get a really nice DD for the same money. WOW!

I would imagine he's referencing no Capital Cost Reduction/down payment out of pocket money to lower your payment, etc.... Rule #1 never put money down on a lease to lower your payment. I'd be happy to explain why via phone or PM. In the end it takes away the purpose of a lease which is capital in your bank account. If you can't afford it without putting money down, you're buying too much car.

See above. Personally if you're trading in a car, take it as Actual Cash Value not trade value and put the money in your pocket.

LOL as I type this a black SE with Temp tags from Toyota Direct just parked in front of my office :) One of my coworkers had them drop it off. Small world. Sharp car for the money. To show how good of a deal this is when my wife was in law school back in 96'ish time frame Toyota ran a $199mo deal on an SE Camry back then. We leased it for 2yrs under a similar program so she'd have a reliable ride. That was 18 yrs ago and now for a few bucks more you can get a really nice DD for the same money. WOW!

True... would be throwing a lot of money away to lower the payment a mere ~$1000/ 24.mo....makes sense all day long now that I think about it.

True... would be throwing a lot of money away to lower the payment a mere ~$1000/ 24.mo....makes sense all day long now that I think about it.

Not just the money but more importantly the options and risk mitigation, which is largely the benefit of leasing. If you trade it in or sell it early the former being more likely, you lose that money down which lowered payments yes but for months you won't pay them. Also if you total the car the GAP insurance will cover the value of the car but they won't refund your money either. Depending on the rate/money factor, $1k only lowers your payment about $45/mo. on a 24 plan, $32 or so on a 3yr lease. Not worth it.

the dealer is playing the numbers game here. They are banking that for every buyer that trades a $500 on it's last leg shit heap in there is going to be someone that needs to get out of a $2500+ car. The only way to beat the dealer at this game is to show up with a trade in that is worth less than $1200 and hold them to accepting it (which they may not do). So are there any running $500 on CL right now?

By the way, why are there no lease deals or "incentives" on the FR-S? If they offered that $189 deal on an FR-S I would be over there tomorrow.

I was only in the store for an hour. The sales guy joked that he wouldn't be making money out of the deal. I told him "well, I only took up an hour of your time so it's probably not THAT bad."

Finance girl, Ashley, seemed kinda huffy when I declined all of the "extras"

the dealer is playing the numbers game here. They are banking that for every buyer that trades a $500 on it's last leg shit heap in there is going to be someone that needs to get out of a $2500+ car. The only way to beat the dealer at this game is to show up with a trade in that is worth less than $1200 and hold them to accepting it (which they may not do). So are there any running $500 on CL right now?

By the way, why are there no lease deals or "incentives" on the FR-S? If they offered that $189 deal on an FR-S I would be over there tomorrow.

I know they are discounting FRSs, not sure about any lease deals.

Definitely a numbers game I can get behind. We are going to go check out the Rav4s this weekend. Sell our old XTerra on CL and have reliable transportation for the wife for 2 years. Seems well worth it, and am glad this thread came up.

Looks like TD has a similar RAV4 LE deal and lower payment deal for the Corolla SE for $199/$159

PM me if you want my sales guy name/email.

To show how good of a deal this is when my wife was in law school back in 96'ish time frame Toyota ran a $199mo deal on an SE Camry back then. We leased it for 2yrs under a similar program so she'd have a reliable ride. That was 18 yrs ago and now for a few bucks more you can get a really nice DD for the same money. WOW!

For while (within the last few months) you could get a Chrysler 300S for $227/mo w/ $227 down. That wasn't an employee price either. Several people in my group are leasing Ram Quad Cabs for ~$179.

For while (within the last few months) you could get a Chrysler 300S for $227/mo w/ $227 down. That wasn't an employee price either. Several people in my group are leasing Ram Quad Cabs for ~$179.

What dotted line do I sign on for that on a Ram? The site says $300 a mo.

What dotted line do I sign on for that on a Ram? The site says $300 a mo.

Lease deals can vary greatly between dealers. Towards the end of last year there were some good deals up here and two coworkers got one. I know one of them is a Big Horn, 3.6L, with 8.4" Uconnect, and a few other options. It was advertised at $150, but he paid more for the 3.6L and to upgrade the radio. I think he's around $179/mo (I know the other guy is, but not sure of his specs). That's an employee price, where the 300S I referenced wasn't, but at the right time and the right dealer you can probably get one for around $200/mo.