2015 AutoX & HPDE Schedule

Miller

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone have more details for the MORPCA Beginner's school Auto-X next weekend? I've been all over the MORPCA site and I can't even find a sign up fee, let alone anything other than date, time, and location.

Does anyone have more details for the MORPCA Beginner's school Auto-X next weekend? I've been all over the MORPCA site and I can't even find a sign up fee, let alone anything other than date, time, and location.

I was wondering the same thing. I did see this though:

April 12, Sunday,

Columbus Motor Speedway, Columbus, OH

(AutoX school for Porsche Club members only)

I was going to ask about it but I figured I'd wait and see if I have a car to drive first.

Sun, April 12, 8am – 4pm

Where

Columbus Motor Speedway, 1845 Williams Road, Columbus, OH 43207

map

Calendar

activities.morpca@gmail.com

Description

Start of Season with Beginner AX School - Morning Drills - afternoon AX

I believe MORPCA is $30 for visitors. You'll tech between 8:30-10:00. Walk the track and get at it.

Went to the Corvette Troy group this weekend in the WRX. While the WRX isn't really set up for a lot of racing with its performance all seasons and brakes I was still impressed with the track and the club/workers. For the price, number of runs and short distance away it was a great event. Will be back hopefully May 3rd with the mustang this time.

Went to the Corvette Troy group this weekend in the WRX. While the WRX isn't really set up for a lot of racing with its performance all seasons and brakes I was still impressed with the track and the club/workers. For the price, number of runs and short distance away it was a great event. Will be back hopefully May 3rd with the mustang this time.

That was you?

I was in the Blue BRZ.

Glad you had a good time, great group of guys and a fun/fast course.

Were you on continental DWS?

That was you?

I was in the Blue BRZ.

Glad you had a good time, great group of guys and a fun/fast course.

Ahh gotcha, yah you were running some pretty solid times. It took me a little bit to get my shifting figured out, but past that it was pretty good.

Were you on continental DWS?

Yah, continental extremecontact DWS high performance all season 265/35R18 all 4 corners. I ran those because thats what I had on the car. They have a pretty high treadwear rating so i wasn't expecting anything miraculous out of them. They did fine for an autocross on a car that I use as my dd, just a bit noisy as I'm sure everyone heard lol.

Ahh gotcha, yah you were running some pretty solid times. It took me a little bit to get my shifting figured out, but past that it was pretty good.

Yah, continental extremecontact DWS high performance all season 265/35R18 all 4 corners. I ran those because thats what I had on the car. They have a pretty high treadwear rating so i wasn't expecting anything miraculous out of them. They did fine for an autocross on a car that I use as my dd, just a bit noisy as I'm sure everyone heard lol.

Nice to see you on here. I was in the Miata.

• 3 weeks later...

Great instructor, great time. Will do again.

Note - due to instructor availability, the OVR-SCCA has transposed the dates for the second points event and the Solo driver's school. PE#2 will occur on May 2, and the driver's school has been moved to May 10.

Note - due to instructor availability, the OVR-SCCA has transposed the dates for the second points event and the Solo driver's school. PE#2 will occur on May 2, and the driver's school has been moved to May 10.

Are you saying you need more qualified instructors? I could probably wrangle some up for you.

Are you saying you need more qualified instructors? I could probably wrangle some up for you.

We DO NEED more students! Limited to 50 - but still plenty of room.

(several of the instructors were scheduled to be at a divisional event on the 2nd - and the novice chief is in Florida for work (me)).

But thanks for the offer!