Vacuum cleaners...Recommendations?

zeitgeist57

• 4 weeks later...
Nope! Still rocking the Navigator...

http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-WindTunnel-T-Series-Bagless-UH70120/dp/B002HFDLCK

Have 2 cats and this is the best vacuum I've ever had. I filled the can the first time I vacuumed the carpet (half my house is wood) and it was only a day after using my old one that picked up very little. It's among the top ranked in Consumer Reports and has a retractable cord. You will not be disappointed.

I have a fraternity brother that works for BSH (Bosch/Siemens/Hoover) in Tennesee. When I get married in 2002, dude brought a Hoover bagless upright - out of the box but brand new - put it in the wedding gift pile and smacked a bow on it. I was like "uhhh, thanks?":lol:

That Hoover went through a lot of Weimaraner hair and three different houses in over 12 years before it just started wearing out. Indeed, greatest vacuum ever. I touch base with him every so often and I jokingly ask him for another vacuum.

I have a DC59 handheld. I love it. I never saw myself spending this much on a vacuum cleaner, but it's totally worth it so far. Had it maybe 6 months, but it's so light, portable, and powerfully. My 7 year old son easily can finish his chores without help from anyone else. Would buy Dyson.