Alternate routes to Columbus from Lancaster?

PRD2BDF

As some of you, or none of you, may know...I'm student-teaching at the Ohio School for the Deaf. I'll be teaching here until April 27th. I commute from Lancaster to OSD every day.

I've fucking had it with the fucking traffic on 33. It's more packed than a constipated fatass.

On a good day without stupid traffic, it takes about 30-35 minutes to get to OSD. Daily, it's taking me a hour and 15 minutes to almost 2 hours.

I've asked my parents and friends and they don't know.

Is there alternate ways to get to Columbus? I just need to get to 71-N so I can get off at Morse Rd.

Backroads are fine, honestly, anything is fine.

TL;DR:

Fucking fuck drivers on fucking 33, other ways to get to Columbus?

yeah 33 sucks i live in baltimore and drive to obetz everyday.

i've never gone this route but give it a try

I-70E to I-SAAB south

take exit 32 for Saab street

2nd left on Saab avenue

then after the Saab dealership on the right take the next turn at Saab circle.

you have arrived at your destination

• Upvote 1

I-70E to I-SAAB south

2nd left on Saab avenue

You need to speak up please.

37 to 70 but that's not a short trip

I do 37 (from Baltimore) all the way to 161...

Because screw both the 70->270 interchange and the 70/71 split.

You could also do some elaborate trip by way of Rickenbacker to 317, to 104, to 71N.

Done that from the west side of Lancaster to Polaris in about an hour, hauling ass.

At the Meijer just north of Lancaster you can hit Lithopilis Rd NW (39) at the light, to your left, and take it up to Lithopolis...through Lithopolis up Gender (674) to Winchester Pike to 70 then through that BS to 71N. Or take Winchester pike and cut 104 across to 71... Could also jump on 315 from there to Henderson then up to Morse.

Doubt it would be much quicker...more scenic and curvy. In snow more dangerous. Deer, ect.

At the Meijer just north of Lancaster you can hit Lithopilis Rd NW (39) at the light, to your left, and take it up to Lithopolis...through Lithopolis up Gender (674) to Winchester Pike to 70 then through that BS to 71N. Or take Winchester pike and cut 104 across to 71... Could also jump on 315 from there to Henderson then up to Morse.

Doubt it would be much quicker...more scenic and curvy. In snow more dangerous. Deer, ect.

This or run coonpath until it dead ends. Turn left. Right at the stop sign (Lithopolis Road).

Go from there (Groveport area).

Your fucked. I feel the same way about 33 traffic. Hopefully the overpass at carol will help. I live out side Amanda. Drive up to Columbus everyday. I take the back roads to hill diley road then go west on 33. I work on alumn creek. Sometimes I take alumn creek clear down south and go back roads all the way home. For you there isn't a good way. Like others said. Stay away from 71-70 split. And 315. IMHO get online and see what different routes say on mapquest.

I-70E to I-SAAB south

2nd left on Saab avenue

LOL

I-70E to I-SAAB south

2nd left on Saab avenue

I dont know how i havent seen you around as small as this town is lol.

I take 158 to 70

I-70E to I-SAAB south

2nd left on Saab avenue

Lol

I was gonna say wake up earlier

Damn thought I was about the only one from Baltimore on here.

Anyway it really depends on what time you get on 33. I get on from Pleasantville rd and travel to the westside of c-bus for work ( Sullivant ave). I get on about 6:30 no later than 6:45am. Seems like 7:00am and after your screwed. It takes me about 40-45 min to get to work.

Honestly there's no good way, As mentioned depending on where your at in Lancaster, you may be better off hitting, 158 or 37 north and jump on 70. Running up through Carroll, Canal. Groveport via Lithopolis rd or coonpath or Winchester rd is an option, but will take you longer due to school buses, traffic lights, stop signs etc. Canal and Groveport gets congested closer you get to major roads. I only use these routes if 33 is fucked due to an accident. Or if you need to jump off 33 can use Basil Western and jump over to long rd thru picktown over to Winchester pike and jump on 104 or 70 from there. Again I just use if I need to jump off 33.

So unfortunately 33 is still the best route, it's helped since they took out some lights and blocked off streets over the years, but closing Pick rd would help greatly as would closing a few others. 33 can really benefit from another lane WB and EB.

So Only thing I can say is leave earlier, 15 min can make a huge difference. I'd much rather deal with 33 than the northend any day of the week. I hate that shit up there.

Goodluck

Yes any snow and 33 crawls, Might as well leave min 1 hour earlier if snow is coming.

It seems people forget how to drive everytime it snows, but this is allover C-bus.

Stay safe out there.

It's coming down like gang busters in Baltimore right now.

(got my asshole hat on) Maybe you shouldn't work so far from home??

Never understood people that commute this far from home and then complain about it...

So here is my helpfull post. Why not leave earlier to miss all the traffic and get to work early?With this extra time Maybe grab some breakfast, read a book, knit a sweater.

• Downvote 1

Damn thought I was about the only one from Baltimore on here.

Anyway it really depends on what time you get on 33. I get on from Pleasantville rd and travel to the westside of c-bus for work ( Sullivant ave). I get on about 6:30 no later than 6:45am. Seems like 7:00am and after your screwed. It takes me about 40-45 min to get to work.

Honestly there's no good way, As mentioned depending on where your at in Lancaster, you may be better off hitting, 158 or 37 north and jump on 70. Running up through Carroll, Canal. Groveport via Lithopolis rd or coonpath or Winchester rd is an option, but will take you longer due to school buses, traffic lights, stop signs etc. Canal and Groveport gets congested closer you get to major roads. I only use these routes if 33 is fucked due to an accident. Or if you need to jump off 33 can use Basil Western and jump over to long rd thru picktown over to Winchester pike and jump on 104 or 70 from there. Again I just use if I need to jump off 33.

So unfortunately 33 is still the best route, it's helped since they took out some lights and blocked off streets over the years, but closing Pick rd would help greatly as would closing a few others. 33 can really benefit from another lane WB and EB.

So Only thing I can say is leave earlier, 15 min can make a huge difference. I'd much rather deal with 33 than the northend any day of the week. I hate that shit up there.

Goodluck

I just moved out here about a year ago. I love it so far. Peacefull, quiet and there seems to be quite a few car guys.

I dont know how anyone could drive on the 33/270 split more than once a month. I would move before dealing with that on a monthly basis. I would leave at 3pm on a Friday just to get down to Athens at a decent time to party with my little bro. I would kill myself leaving cbus at 5pmish to go home that way. Mindaswell hit a bar up for HH everyday until traffic clears