Digit Online Savings Account

Benner

So decided the wife and I need a way of saving money without having to remember to transfer money and not having to do much. Unfortunetely like a lot of people we don't really have the excess money to just transfer on the spot.

Been reading reviews online about Digit. It's an online savings account that is completely free and FDIC insured up to 250,000. Pretty cool setup because it analyzes your spending pattern based on transaction history and determines a safe amount to transfer in, they also have a overdraft guarantee.

Highly suggest you read over everything before going for it. I reviewed it several places online and the site itself and decided to give it a try. The cool thing about it is there's no contract or anything. If you decide it's not for you, you can cancel at any time.

They've just made the company public and Google is pretty into it themselves from a few of the articles I've read.

Here's the first article that got me interested

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/29-old-invented-painless-way-170000170.html

If you decide to signup please use the link provided below so I can get credit for it.

https://digit.co/r/b4KaX

I just use my Wells Fargo account. Every time I use my check card it puts $1.00 into a seperate "Way-to-save" account. Not only does it accrue money at an increased interest rate, I can see how I use my debit card WAY to much lol

Can also set it up to transfer at a specific rate (like $20 once a month) just in case I want to add a little more to get more interest.

Yes, there are no Wells Fargos in this state...Not a huge deal these days though.

• 2 weeks later...
I do the same as above with my PNC virtual wallet account. No PNC's in texas, and yet, I have no issues.

Do you like PNC? They have a promo where if I open a new account I get $300. Free $300 sounds worth it. I have no real reason to stay with Wells Fargo since we moved from VA to OH...COULD be nice to have an ATM or two around to deposit / get cash. Kind of a pain always doing cash-back at the store to get cash, or have my dad write me a check to deposit it lol .

From what I gather there dont seem to be any maintenance fees or anything, unless the balance is WAY low, ect.

It sounds like you need more than some miracle software based savings account. If you're not saving and spending all of your money, this software is probably going to decide you have $0 to save. If you want to save and feel like you can't right now, you have to sit down and make a budget and a plan to go from where you are now to where you want to be.

So you give this guy your money so he can earn interest off of it for himself? Am i reading this right?

I mean, it's not like it's that different when you put your money in a 'real' bank, they only give you 0.1%.

It is a bit of a rip off compared to other 'online only' banks or savings accounts.

I bank with Chase, setup an automatic transfer every pay day into my savings account. I get paid, it transfers a portion of that into my savings and I never have to touch it.

+1

This, but I Have Huntington. I also set-up a bill pay doing the same for my credit union account since my employer can only direct deposit so many accounts.

So you give this guy your money so he can earn interest off of it for himself? Am i reading this right?

I mean, it's not like it's that different when you put your money in a 'real' bank, they only give you 0.1%.

It is a bit of a rip off compared to other 'online only' banks or savings accounts.

Exactly, replace guy with bank and that pretty much sums up the checking and deposit side of banking. Just add in fees for a revenue stream.