Lash Chevrolet

Cordell

We need someone that can learn, and that can work as a flat rate tech. GM experience would be a plus, but some who is capable of doing more then oil changes and tire rotations is what we are looking for. Someone motivated with an ability to learn, and has their own tools should call the service manager Joe Stanwick via (740) 967-8021 (Lash's main line). This is a monday through friday job with no weekends. The work is there for someone who can pay attention and try.

Of course you'd be stuck with me everyday :dumb:

So I can pass along the info.

How big of a shop

How many bays per tech

Is there steady work

What's starting out flat rate their

Pretty small shop for a dealership, 4 flat rate techs, a lube tech, and a used car tech.

Each of us has 2-3 bays.

Work is pretty steady, and picking up.

Starting rate is negotiable, thats not my department.

Just out of curiousity what range do these guys start out at, no specifics I was just curious. Is this an $8 hr( I assume hourly is what flat rate means) or $20 per hour.

Flat rate means each job has a set amount of hours it pays, just like it has for the past 30+ years.

I would expect a decent B tech to turn over 40 hours easily, the work is there. I would expect pay to be in mid-teens, but it's based on experience. The right person will know what he's worth and get paid accordingly, it's all negotiable.

I would expect a decent B tech to turn over 40 hours easily, the work is there. I would expect pay to be in mid-teens, but it's based on experience. The right person will know what he's worth and get paid accordingly, it's all negotiable.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm probably better off where I am though at this point

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations, Brian. It's the GM dealership I've been using. I've been impressed on my visits there. I like the small town feel of the way they do business.

I suppose a lot of your experience will depend on how well you get along with the service writer and management. I'm sure you'll do great.

Yeah I hold no hard feelings or ill will against Chesrown. Just not liking the way they're doing some stuff and got pretty good incentive to go out there. It'll be a bit of a drive but the wife and I are wanting to move out that way whether it be Sunbury or closer to Johnstown so it worked out pretty well for us.