Snowy & cold until May .....

Doc1647545523

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized that the engine bay is almost a copy out of of a Solstice/Sky. Down to the air cleaner box, hose, valve cover, and throttle body. I wonder if it's the same 5-speed gearbox manufactured by Aisin with the same gearset.

I got to look at it very close last night, and I can confirm that it is straight out of a Solstice right down to the purge solenoid still mounted there with nothing going to it. Wasn't under it see the trans but suspect thats the same. The exhaust is unique, not sure where they got the electic power steering rack, and I don't recognize the 3 channel ABS system. It really looks great in person, and I'm sure it'll be a blast to drive.

I got to look at it very close last night, and I can confirm that it is straight out of a Solstice right down to the purge solenoid still mounted there with nothing going to it. Wasn't under it see the trans but suspect thats the same. The exhaust is unique, not sure where they got the electic power steering rack, and I don't recognize the 3 channel ABS system. It really looks great in person, and I'm sure it'll be a blast to drive.

If that's the case then a turbo & or supercharger kit should fit

• 5 weeks later...
Actually, mine is that color (black/gray). But no, I'm waiting for it to get a bit warmer. I've had it out a few times, but when I leave for work (around 5 a.m.), it's a bit chilly for me.

Any chance you can bring it to the dealership some day? Pretty please??

Any chance you can bring it to the dealership some day? Pretty please??

Not a problem. What are your usual hours? When we get a decent day, I'll phone you to give you a heads-up and then come over if you're not busy and leave it with you. I'll just need you to drop me off back at the Hangout. Be sure to tell your customers that it's powered by GM. ;)

Actually, mine is that color (black/gray). But no, I'm waiting for it to get a bit warmer. I've had it out a few times, but when I leave for work (around 5 a.m.), it's a bit chilly for me.

Yours has that red color scheme on the back?

Those are the taillights you're seeing (compare with my photos in post #1). The body panels are black/gray. I admit, the two models look nearly identical from the back.

Funky lol guess i never noticed the lights wrapping out and down like that.

Not a problem. What are your usual hours? When we get a decent day, I'll phone you to give you a heads-up and then come over if you're not busy and leave it with you. I'll just need you to drop me off back at the Hangout. Be sure to tell your customers that it's powered by GM. ;)

I wouldn't expect you to leave it with me. I'd be nervous just driving driving it. haha

I'm in everyday except Friday if you ever want to stop by.

Already got DOX SS.

I thought that having a black one would identify it as mine (almost all of them sold so far have been red), but I guess the other couple of black ones are getting out pretty regularly around here.

By summer, I think they will be common enough that nobody will even look twice.