Which Chevy SS is this?

Putty

I wish I could remember which dealer we were at. My friend found it and dragged me along to look at the car. It was already December and the car was not sold and roughly $10K off just to get it "the hell off the lot" is what the salesman told him. It had been nailed to their lot since early 2014 like it was a statue.

Quick scan of Cars.com turned up this loaded one with 40 miles for $38K though it is not local:

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/603884616/overview/

The nearest cheapest one is the $39K car at Jack Maxton, but it has 124 miles so either it's a new one listed as used or they sold it and then the buyer traded it:

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/628826075/overview/

Wanna know what a pain Chevy is being about these cars? I tried to use their tool to find one and it said there were no new or used in their dealer's inventory. yet all the ohio dealers have at least one and Jack Maxton has two including this red 2014 with 0 miles that they already knocked $5K off the price of in the ad:

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/608963439/overview/

ya know what's even weirder? white, black, and red the dealers can't seem to give away - but if they have a mystic green or a perfect blue one they are holding out for MSRP. I think there were only 5 out of 62 cars on cars.com that were green and only one alchemy purple and one or two blue ones. the rare weird colors seem to be the ones selling but to be honest if it were me I'd buy a green or a blue one over all the other colors.

here is a local one that is almost $10K off:

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/601324766/overview/

That one local was Eric Lash's demo, I've driven that one and realigned it per the recall. Lol.

Thanks, but I should have mentioned a '15 with manual.

yeah, that isn't going to happen. Everybody has already earmarked those as unicorns worth chasing. But I am right there with you - autotragic is just the wrong tranny for this car.

Considering the CTS-V is now a $71K proposition (and possibly only available in coupe form?) think of these as the cheap way into CTS-V fun but with a warranty and without the CTS-V name premium.

Yeah, it's just a G8/Holden with a goofy looking front bumper. Limited production, I think they only made a few thousand, and only in automatic

Same bumper even. Just rebadged. The G8 had an entirely different front end from its Holden counterpart (hood, fenders, bumper cover, etc.) but the new SS is pretty much unchanged.

As for being overpriced, it's a 400+ horse rwd v8 powered sedan chock-full of gadgets. Name me 3 similarly priced competitors. The SRT cars are all I can think of. If I were in the market to replace my G8 I'd be first in line for one of these with the 6-speed and mag-ride.

wow. i'd rock one for sure. since i'm a lazy ass, i don't even know what the drivetrain is on one of these??

6.2L V8 SFI (estimated 415 hp [309.8 kW] @ 5900 rpm, 415 lb-ft of torque [560.3 N-m] @ 4600 rpm) (STD)

Transmission, 6-speed automatic with TAPshift (STD)

Rear axle, 3.27 ratio

Keyless start, push button

Differential, limited slip, rear

Rear wheel drive

Cooler, engine oil

Cooler, transmission oil (Deleted when (MN6) 6-speed manual transmission is ordered.)

Oil life monitoring system

Battery rundown protection

Alternator, 140 amps

and this is why Chevrolet is not selling any of these, ZERO marketing...

then they are all like "see I TOLD YOU no one wants to buy a V8 rear drive sedan!"

SPOT ON.

And some executive dumps all their marketing budget on the Buick Lacrosse. That's how we'll make the 1980s happen all over again.