Windshield repair columbus?

Diamonds

If you have insurance (and I am sure you do as a law abiding citizen) AND if the rock chip is repairable. it will cost you nada...zip...zero.

If it is not repairable, then it will cost you your deductible.

Helpful SafeLite links:

http://www.safelite.com/windshield-repair/

http://www.safelite.com/auto-glass-repair-replacement-cost/

"SuperGlue" it self is water soluble, so I don't see that lasting very long.

And good repair ships like safelight won't be able to repair a chop if you try and fill it with crap like this and then you either have to live with it or replace the glass anyhow

Super glue was used on aircraft during ww2, I would trust it to keep a chip from turning into a crack on my windshield. It needs water to make the bond though from what I was reading. Besides this is more of a general suggestion for beaters, not something I would expect someone to use on a car they care about. I posted it in this thread not for the op, but for future reference.

Don't you have to have full coverage to cover the repair? Just curious. Also super glue works, but you would still see the chip.

I think it is covered by your "Comprehensive" coverage which is for anything not covered by "Collision". If you have comprehensive coverage on your auto insurance policy, most insurance companies waive your deductible for windshield chip repairs (State Farm and Mercury Insurance are the two major exceptions). Insurance companies that cover the full cost of chip repairs with comprehensive coverage include:

Farmers

Geico

USAA

AAA

Allstate

Progressive

Nationwide

Allied

21st Century

Travelers

As for the "superglue solution", if you're tracking the car, you will NOT pass tech inspection for NASA/SCCA/USCA/NHRA etc. They kind of frown on the "duct tape repair solutions".

Edited by TeddyBearFromHell
additional answer

Did they happen to mention how big a crack could be repaired? I just saw yesterday that I have a hairline crack in the bottom of the windshield but it's about foot and half long. Cant feel it at all on inside or outside of glass when running your fingers over it which is odd and didnt know if that could be repaired or windshield would have to be replaced but havent called any places yet on it as just found it