Heated seats wont work

wnaplay1647545503

2007 lincoln mkx, heated seats stopped working. If I disconnect battery and reconnect they will work one time until the car is shut off. Any ideas or why this works once the battery is disconnected? I thought about putting a switch to shut off power to them in theory doing as the battery disconnect does bit what is the real issue?

"due to a ground concern"

Guessing the "blk-wht" wire is the ground in this circuit.

Link to TSB and it includes the connector pinout but not location.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/bobover/2010-02-25_011521_inop_dscm_navigator.pdf

Since the labor time/codes words it as time to remove/install seat, expect to remove it. Double the labor time it has listed and that is how long it will take you to get it out without air tools. Seems pretty cut and dry as you are only replacing a connector and don't even have to de-pin it.

How old is your battery?

Sounds like ground is the most likely culprit based on previous posts. But some modern cars turn off stuff like defrosters and heated seats when the battery gets old.

• Downvote 1

Good question. I believe it was in there when she bought it a few years ago.

If i need to replace a connector does that mean cut all the wires and splice in an entire connector? I wonder if i can simply repin the one wire.

I read the TSRM for you, this is what it said.

"If Connector C3036A is damaged at Pin M GD145 (BK-WH), then replace connector pigtail"

"1. Obtain Pigtail Kit. Strip the ends of the wires from Pins L and M, 1/4" (6.3 mm). Twist them together. Insert twisted wires into one end of a 12-10

gage butt splice. Using the approved splicing methods found in the Wiring Diagram (WD), Cell 5, crimp the butt connector.

2. Strip the end of GD139 (vehicle harness side - ground) and insert into open end of the 12-10 butt splice (at Pin M). Using the approved splicing

methods found in the WD, Cell 5, crimp the butt connector and seal with shrink tubing.

3. Continue to attach the rest of the pigtail wires to the vehicle harness, using the approved splicing methods found in the WD, Cell 5, crimp the butt

connector and seal (with shrink tubing). Wires from pins E and F will require 12-10 butt splice which is not included in the pigtail kit. "