Galaxy S6 / Edge

Putty

Thoughts??

The Edge looks damn sweet. I have never cared about removable batteries, BUT the fact they took the SD card away could possibly be a deal breaker. The biggest three features the Galaxy devices had over Apple are now gone.

I like my S4. The edge is neat, but I don't think I'd pay extra for it over the regular one.

No removable battery is a deal breaker unless it's easy to open and install a new one. Every phone I've owned has needed the battery replaced at some point in it's life.

I can live without the SD card as long as they offer a 128GB model.

WTF were they thinking in removing the SD Upgrade? Expandability has been my #1 gripe about most any phone. Loved that capability when I went to the Note 3. They can keep wireless charging just give me an SD Card.

WTF were they thinking in removing the SD Upgrade? Expandability has been my #1 gripe about most any phone. Loved that capability when I went to the Note 3. They can keep wireless charging just give me an SD Card.

Agreed, I miss the days of being able to store/transfer everything on a card. They can keep their cloud, it's convenient at times, but too restrictive.

We will gladly open our arms to all you guys that finally see the light with the iPhone world.

We dont need to replace batteries or silly SD cards.

I'm with you on the battery comment but not on the SD Front. I like being able to shoot tons of video and store lots of movies and music on my phone for when I travel. I also don't like having to over-pay for storage like most phones make you do.

I'm currently due for an upgrade through Verizon, on an unlimited data corporate plan (no option outside of VZW).

Currently using an S4 that I'm mostly happy with, but I'll soon be deciding between an S6 variant or the HTC M9. HTC is keeping the SD card, but also still has a non-replaceable battery.

This seems to be kept somewhat updated and is handy:

comparison chart

Last I heard was early April carrier release correct? I know there was a "show release" over the weekend, but neither is yet available for purchase.

Nexus ever coming to Verizon?

I like the idea of a replaceable battery, and although the S4/5 are plastic, nobody cares when you stick it in a plastic case anyway. I've never understood people who jizz about iPhone build quality and then shove the fucker in an Otterbox. Make it plastic, it's cheaper and then you can get to the battery. On the other hand, I'm going to replace my phone every 2 years regardless, so the battery will only be an issue when I hand them down to my kids.

The SD I don't really get, I think I have 32GB in my S4 and I've never come close to filling it up. Music and movies are all streaming, and I'll dump the photo/video contents every 6 months to my computer. I'm not big on pictures, though, I prefer to live in the moment.

Oh, forgot my main point, which is that mostly I just hate TouchWiz or whatever garbage they put on the phone that's not made by Google. Seriously, every single app I have where I have to use the Samsung "custom" version instead of the Google default is a fucking miserable experience. Just stop it, Samsung, you're not a software company and it shows.

The SD I don't really get, I think I have 32GB in my S4 and I've never come close to filling it up. Music and movies are all streaming, and I'll dump the photo/video contents every 6 months to my computer. I'm not big on pictures, though, I prefer to live in the moment.

I don't do streaming music much. It's cool and all but I'd rather have my music on the phone. Same with movies. Too much inconsistency in bandwidth and I often times am in a plane. New pics and especially 4k video aren't small. One vacation and you can fill up a phone quick.

Oh, forgot my main point, which is that mostly I just hate TouchWiz.....every single app I have where I have to use the Samsung "custom"

Meh....the new TW is much nicer. What you don't like you can replace anyway. I only use the stock email and text apps. The rest is upgraded to my liking.

I saw rumors of a 4-figure price... that's going to affect my decision, how much Verizon will sell one to me on contract.

If it happens, I would assume it will be the Edge w/128gb. I can't see them charging much if any more than a 'base' iPhone 6 for the normal w/32gb. Regular iPhone w/128gb is already $850 and the plus is $950. $650 iPhone (base, normal w/16gb) is $200 on contract. I don't remember for sure, but I would assume that's what the S5 was on contract at release?

so look at the non-edge version? only thing Nexus6 has going for it is pure Android L, other than that it's already behind the curve.

If you can not unlock the bootloader it is not for me.