X-pipe question

FatHemiDude

Guys:

Car in question is a 5.7 Hemi Challenger. The exhaust set-up is JBA Cat4ward shortie headers, JBA Off-road pipe & a Magnaflow Comp. Series cat-back exhaust. Resonators deleted.

My question is would this current set-up benefit from the addition of an X-pipe?

Thanks very much in advance for any input.

Are you looking for a sound and/or power improvement?

I think X-pipes smooth out the sound when installed on a true dual exhaust, not sure on the power. However, it should be slightly more powerful than the factory resonator.

Incremental benefits for the price of the part and installation is a judgement call only YOU can make. :)

X pipe on these nuts. Quit fucking around and supercharge it.you have more money than brains. What are you waiting for?

I'm saving money every month to piurchase a (used) GT500 'Vert, which you already know little brother. The 6K+ price tag for an Edelbrock E-Force would set me back for another summer. Carroll Shelby in 2016, baby.

I guess now is not the time to mention the brake upgrades I ordered.

Are you looking for a sound and/or power improvement?

I think X-pipes smooth out the sound when installed on a true dual exhaust, not sure on the power. However, it should be slightly more powerful than the factory resonator.

Incremental benefits for the price of the part and installation is a judgement call only YOU can make. :)

I guess my goal is the optimum exhaust set-up for power. The X-pipe itself is a $100 part from Magnaflow, and I have an in with an exhaust shop where I can get the work done quite reasonably labor-wise.

I fully realize everything is subjective in what a person is willing to pay for goods/services. If it picks me up a couple of HP, I would personally consider it money well spent. Thanks for the response. It's appreciated.