Who knows 351W's

WideOpenThrottle

Well this winter I have compiled a assortment of parts and have finally decided what I am building. My question becomes how much power will a 94 351 W block hold? And if someone is fluent enough (BC I don't want to make all the mods public) to talk about the numbers I will be putting down. My first 351 build and typical have built 302s.

Short story is its a stroked 351w turbo'd.

I want to know max HP people have seen from 351W and when people have had them split

+1 to what Derek said. This is why I made sure to pick up an early 70's block for my car. My setup is extremely mild, almost non-existent. The option remains, with studs and gaskets I could throw a lot of horsepower at this thing.

Ok, my first 351. Stock 95 motor. Heads, cam, Intake, turbo. Made 530 ish, lost back to back head gaskets and then spun a rod.

Next. 408. Based on a 96 block. Lasted awhile, made low 600, chunked a piston. Replaced pistions, made 665rwhp, lasted a little while, chunked a pistion. Rebuilt. Sold car

Both engines, the block was fine, was never an issue in breaking. I hear the block is good to 1000 FWHP if you keep the RPM in check. I was never personaly going to go over 700 RWHP with mine.

On that note anyone have any leads as to where can I pic up a 69-74 block? Or should I just go with a Dart block

I'd go with a Dart block if it's in the budget. One less thing to worry about if you decide to turn it up later.

I made 750hp with a '69 block, main girdle with forged internals. It was a naturally aspirated combination.