Evo Help

3.1cutlass

Only issues I've heard of about the '08s is thin paint and shoddy interiors. Also, personally, I would not buy a modded one especially from a dealership who doesn't have a clue what's been done to it.. and that one looks modded.

Well it's a few $K below blue book and I figure I can talk them down a little.

Good, clean, well-kept, and reliably running Evos are in stupid high demand and almost never sell for under book value. That should be a red flag, not a good thing. They're just trying to pawn someone's project off on someone else because they likely have no idea what's going on with it. More power to you if you know what you're getting into with buying a modded car, but I'd stay far away without knowing exactly what's been done, by who, and when.

2008s had a timing chain problem, where the chain would prematurely stretch.

There is a revised chain that solves the problem.

We have one here that I have listed at $19,977 and I could sell it in the $18,xxx range.

Fresh timing job from a mitsu dealer on this car as well (Have the receipts $2000 job with new cam phasers and all)

http://www.jetautogroup.com/2008_Mitsubishi_Lancer%20Evolution_Cambridge_OH_251728635.veh

Stretched timing chain, corroded AWD hydraulic pump/valves (behind the passenger rear wheel), and weak clutches. My 2008 GSR only had 40k miles on it and I had to replace the timing chain and repair the AWD pump. Both were a huge pain in the ass and potentially very expensive if you cannot do all of the work yourself. The AWD pump is only sold new as a complete unit for $2500-3000. If it is in decent shape, I would recommend cleaning it then coating with marine grease as the road salt chews right through the uncoated aluminum. Even better, pull the electric motor off and reseal the shit out of it with RTV. When mine failed, the inside of the pump was filled with aluminum oxide powder. I ended up trading mine in last year on a new Tacoma because I got tired of working on it.

That being said, damn they are amazing cars. I would still have it if it were more reliable...

corroded AWD hydraulic pump/valves

How did I forget about those.

The good thing about the pump though is... Mitsu recognized the problem and extended the warranty on those to a 10yr 100,000 mile.

http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/705162-awc-hydraulic-unit-warranty-extension-issued.html

We have one here that I have listed at $19,977 and I could sell it in the $18,xxx range.

Fresh timing job from a mitsu dealer on this car as well (Have the receipts $2000 job with new cam phasers and all)

http://www.jetautogroup.com/2008_Mitsubishi_Lancer%20Evolution_Cambridge_OH_251728635.veh

Hmm... tempting... This one has the SSS package as well right? Looks like it from the pictures.

Sharp looking car. I wish I lived in Ohio and could come check it out!

Weird.. I swear they were there last night.

They were there last night. I looked at them but have nothing helpful for the OP. Definitely had an intake and hard piping for the IC in the pics