Ferrari or Lamborghini Driving Experience from The Motorsport Lab (Up to 82% Off)

bmwohio

Link to groupon --> http://www.groupon.com/deals/the-motorsport-lab-chicago

Like racecars, professional athletes need to be in top form so they can clock their best times and prevent hurdles from getting stuck in their undercarriages. Prep for perfection with this Groupon.

Choose from Four Options

$99 for three laps in a Ferrari 360 Modena or Lamborghini Gallardo ($549 value)

$129 for three laps in a Ferrari 360 Modena or Lamborghini Gallardo with video ($579 value)

$129 for three laps in a Ferrari F430 ($649 value)

$159 for three laps in a Ferrari F430 with video ($679 value)

Driving experiences take place at The Mall at Tuttle Crossing on May 1, 2, or 3:

Ferrari 360 Modena (options 1 and 2): 400 hp engine, 0–60 mph in 4.5 seconds

Lamborghini Gallardo (options 1 and 2): 500 hp, 0–60 mph in 4.5 seconds

Ferrari F30 (options 3 and 4): 500 hp, 0–60 in 3.5 seconds

In the span of 90 minutes, groups of auto enthusiasts peel around the course in a sleek Ferrari 360 Modena, Ferrari F430, or Lamborghini Gallardo. Students spend 15 minutes absorbing safety and steering instructions before strapping into the driver’s seat alongside an experienced instructor. Drivers then complete three full laps. Guests wishing to accompany Groupon users and watch them in action may do so free of charge.

The Motorsport Lab

Getting behind the wheel of a Ferrari may seem like a fantasy to some—but it's a perfectly attainable adrenaline fix at The Motorsport Lab. The Lab's vehicular experts allow clients to take a Ferrari, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, or other rare and exotic automobile out for a once-in-a-lifetime spin.

After explaining the vehicle features and the proper safety protocols, staff members turn over the keys. Drivers can develop a feel for the automobile's speed and cat-like agility while guiding it around a controlled autocross course for several laps. For a truly immersive experience, The Motorsport Lab occasionally rents out its sports cars for weekend-long escapes that let clients travel in style and become the object of envy at any drive-through dry cleaner.

even at the groupon rate that's pretty expensive for a couple Auto-x laps where you'll basically be 2nd gear the whole time and on a surface that can't be guaranteed to be good, bad or whatever.

At least at something like Exotics Racing in Las Vegas, where you can buy 5 laps in say a F430 or 991 GT3 for like $300 you're getting 5 laps on a short (1.2 miles) but dedicated road course where you will get into 4th gear in those cars.

Mix the spirit of entrepreneurism, competitive nature of a basketball player, hunger of a foodie, bohemian nature from living in Prague, and the curiosity of a cat, and who do you get? Ray Chang. He’s a driving sherpa and a marketer who comes from IBM (after 7 years, he couldn’t take it anymore! Could you!? ;->) Ray’s a totally uptight planner who wants to make sure everything is executed on time without wasted effort and expense. His driving instruction and marketing ideas are fun, exciting, engaging and will yield “wow” results! He’s one-of-a-kind -- always willing to help and connect people, and most importantly, talk about food and travel, especially to Prague.

:lol:

So I live right behind Tuttle mall, and I am trying to figure out how they are going to setup a "course" in the parking lot that will even be close to satisfying. First of all most of the lots there are small and slope downward toward the ring road. Also every one of those parking lots have quite a few immoveable concrete base light poles.

I'd actually like to do this just so I can say I drove lambo (I've driven a Ferrari - a Daytona coupe and a BB 512) even if I am just whipping donuts in the parking lot but it would be nice to know I could do this without fear of making a very large, brightly colored, Italian boomerang using a light pole.

I'd actually like to do this just so I can say I drove lambo (I've driven a Ferrari - a Daytona coupe and a BB 512) even if I am just whipping donuts in the parking lot but it would be nice to know I could do this without fear of making a very large, brightly colored, Italian boomerang using a light pole.

Better get the wheel/tire insurance!

At least at something like Exotics Racing in Las Vegas, where you can buy 5 laps in say a F430 or 991 GT3 for like $300 you're getting 5 laps on a short (1.2 miles) but dedicated road course where you will get into 4th gear in those cars.

This is what I want to do in July when I go out there.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I did the Richard Petty Driving Experience at Walt Disney World Speedway back in 2007...1.1mi 3-turn track. For $399 you got a great pre- and post-race production, training from seasoned racers, and a nice photo/plaque package I still look at today and remember well. 8 laps, 115-121mph speeds...I'm not a fan of NASCAR but it was a great experience.

I don't know if bumping around Tuttle Mall at less than 60mph for a couple laps is going to do it for me, even at $99+. I'm sure they'll have a great take-rate though...

• 3 weeks later...
Their liability form is ridiculous! I love how you have to pay $1000 for going over 6500 RPM, but if your worried that might happen you can buy their insurance.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/c0a79a_d4fa0b46a9d24fdcb950a15265295662.pdf

That Liability form is a joke! I was tempted for that price, but i'm going to pass after reading the form and the reviews. Looks fun though.