Argon Cylinders

NWill

Does anyone know a good place to get cylinders these days?

For an 80 size...

Matheson wants $209 + $60 to fill

Central Ohio Welding wants $275 + $41

Delile wants $248 + $38

Praxair wants $183 + $45 and the guy said first fill MIGHT be free but varies by location. Either way, I expected much more.

Service Welding (Newark) wants $179 + $41

I didn't expect prices to vary this much, glad I didn't just buy one.

Edited by NWill
Price update

Dan Cudoc (Dan.Cudoc@Airgas.com)

Tell him Andrew @ Suburban referred you.

Thanks! I ended up picking one up from Praxair before you posted.

Pic is sideways but you get the idea. FINALLY. I've had this thing for 6 years and just turned it on for the first time today.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=927&pictureid=8021

Glad you went with Praxair.

For anyone else looking at this thread, do not buy from DeLille! We have been having numerous problems with their 75/25. 1 of 3 bottles is not mixed and is not useable.

Me too, it's a convenient location for me as well since I regularly drive across Columbus on 70 for work. It makes it easy to stop there on my weekly Research Alloys trip.

Tinman, BTW, do you remember someone dropping off a 2JZ intake manifold years ago to screw around with intake manifold designs?

Just wondering haha.

Me too, it's a convenient location for me as well since I regularly drive across Columbus on 70 for work. It makes it easy to stop there on my weekly Research Alloys trip.

Tinman, BTW, do you remember someone dropping off a 2JZ intake manifold years ago to screw around with intake manifold designs?

Just wondering haha.

Yes I do! Still sitting here...

I've had a few issues with Delille and their pure Argon. I've had two bad bottles out of about 10-15. Nothing worse than bringing a bottle home on Friday and expecting to be welding all weekend only to have the first few inches of weld come out like shit, but by then they are closed. They always seem very skeptical when I bring a bottle back and tell them it's contaminated, but they always swap it out for free. They're the only welding gas shop in a 30 mile radius so I'm kind of stuck though. I need to pick up an extra bottle or two...