School me on printers

carl1647545492

I need a printer for home use and I know nothing about them other than getting one free when I buy a new computer and paying a mint for ink.

I was at Micro center and they have a "program " where you buy a printer and for 2-3 bux a month they send you ink so sounded pretty good.

I need something that can do basic b/w and color dosent need to be too fancy,thanks.

If you just need B/W look into a cheap laser printer instead of an inkjet.

They cost a little more (I think I paid $82 for the Brother I bought) but a toner lasts forever at home, and it doesn't dry out if you don't use it for a couple weeks like inkjets do.

I've not printed for 6 months, flip the printer on, print a couple pages, turn it off for a couple more months.

This is basically what I have:

http://smile.amazon.com/Brother-HLL2300D-Monochrome-Laser-Printer/dp/B00NQ1CLTI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1426875053&sr=8-5&keywords=brother+laser

Yup... black and white, or non-photo color, go laser, end of story, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

If you do want photo, consider a printer that is compatible with CIS systems, so instead of buying a constant stream of cartridges, you have much larger tanks that you can refill at your convenience and without feeling the pain when you've not printed in 3 weeks, half the nozzles are clogged, and you have to go through two very wasteful cleaning cycles to get going again.

• 2 weeks later...

DO NOT buy epson printers. We bought one with teh apple for my sons 1st year at college and it crapped out in 3 months. He then talked to his friends and several had bought epson's different models and it seems they all died and not after heavy use.

I've alway shad good luck with canon and hp

mace

Check reviews. The only toner you can buy for it cost more than the printer. You'd be doing yourself a favor spending $70 on a monochrome HP/brother/samsung

Some dude on Slickdeals posted a link to a generic toner that fits. $20 for one, $40 for 4.

The only thing I print is leases for my houses, the occasional receipts, etc. I want a laser...I know that.

EDIT: Just clicked the one above- it wasn't the same I was going to link to:

Laser Cannon for $65:

http://slickdeals.net/f/7762601-canon-imageclass-d530-monochrome-laser-printer-w-scanner-copier-65-free-shipping

Link to toner:

http://www.meritline.com/canon-cartridge-128-toner-compatible---p-69718.aspx?source=s2010