Exhaust work recommendations

IBAUCLAPlaya

Hi there,

I'm looking to go 1 of 2 routes for some custom exhaust work on a 97 Supra:

1. Custom fab a muffler-less Axle back section to bolt directly to my current HKS midpipe. The trick is, the HKS mid-pipe has a 4-bolt flange that I can't find anywhere online and I don't want to ruin my HKS Axle-back, so I would need the shop to custom fab the flange

2. If the flange work is too complex, I'd be open to a full custom Turbo back from downpipe back (std 2-bolt flange), but I want to pay a fair price.

I'm looking for Stainless steel, 3.5" ID preferably.

I talked to Mad Hatter because I saw them come up on search results here, but they weren't willing to work with the custom flange, and they said they didn't have Stainless??

Any other recommendations?

TIA

I'm not sure if AlexL has the time to do this at his shop (BPA), but if he can't do it, perhaps he can recommend someone. I suggest you PM him. He does great work. He might even have worked on a Supra before. ;)

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/member.php?u=3369

Yeah mad hatter isn't really set up for custom exhaust set ups. Typically its a get you in and out as fast as possible type business. However, the once time i had to use them they fixed me up cheap and fast as fuck.

This is the only other one I can think of that should be able to replicate thay flange.

Speed Metal Weld & Creating

13621 Centerburg Rd.

Sunbury, OH 43074

(740) 965-9549

Ask for Jimmy.

Didn't know about these guys.... I will keep them in mind for future work too.

• 3 weeks later...

Figured I'd close the loop on the thread.

Jeff McCool offered to help me out at his shop. I ended up buying a 3.5" standard 2-bolt flange and some 3.5" mandrel bent Stainless pipe from Jegs. I met Jeff at his shop on Saturday AM and he custom built the exhaust, cutting & welding the pieces together, all the way from the downpipe back.

As picky as I am, I'm super happy with the result. Jeff really took his time and paid attention to every detail to make sure the end product was perfect. And on top of all that, he was more than fair on price for the 5 hours of time it took.

Big thank you to Jeff for taking the time for this project.

Thanks for the kind words Matt, I'm always happy to help anyone who needs some custom work done that requires some imagination :) BTW, you're car is absolutely gorgeous. I love the last generation Supra's and yours has to be the baddest one in the city for sure!!!