looking for opinions

smokin5s

No kids, only dogs so you may have to adapt this advice:

1. You will get the behavior expected by the most lenient disciplinarian.

2. When all else fails shock collar.

The important issue is that you and your wife agree on what the "rules" are, and how strictly they are enforced. If you are fighting over what the rules are then any attempt to enforce the rules just hurts all the relationships.

If your daughter likes the rules or follows them is way less important.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so, serious question, have you talked to BOTH of the girls at the same time? LIke just had a sit down with both (maybe while they are watching tv together) and said

'Hey look guys, we gotta talk about this and ill make it short and sweet. Daughter I love you, and am glad you found someone you love/like/etc. Girlfriend, you see like a nice kid. I dont feel comfortable with you guys sleeping together in the house. Call me old fashioned or whatever, just please dont do that here. Its a small request, im asking you to respect the few small rules your mother and i have set out, thanks for hearing me out"

get up and walk away, dont leave room for discussion. The girlfriend may not know its an issue to you.

No making a big deal about it, just clear and concise to both of them.

I do understand you wanting to be respected. I really do, but im not sure youre going to get it the way you are going about it. Respect is earned. it goes both ways.

Yes this conversation has been had with all parties involved.

This thread has turned into something I didn't want it to be. Although I appreciate everyone's advice I was only looking for opinions as to if people with children would allow their kids to have their significant other stay for 10 days in their house... I'm not really looking for advise on to how to run my house or my marriage. I will save that conversation for a family counceling :) (and no we don't currently have a family councelor this is a joke)