D. Wiggs V2.0

Robochan

As soon as it's released, I'm scooping one up, converting to fwd for less drivetrain loss and boosting it to around 2500hp. In time, in conjunction with the Space X program, I hope to develop my own motors based on the Prius to place within each wheel. It should be faster than a Greyhound's shit dropped from a rooftop.

I feel like I've already beaten everyone here. Peasants.

Last year I was at the NYIAS, and there was a car on display that was a coach-built sports car on a C6 Corvette chassis. But...the bodywork was laughable and the styling was ridic.

I don't know who had the combo of lotsa money/lack of brains, but some people really go nuts trying to make the world think they have the next best thing.

For all the crap that Elio gets, at least it's not as ambitious trying to get a re-engineered Geo Metro 3-cylinder in a trike chassis on the road. If you're going to support an airball, might as well be it!

You know what, I don't really see the problem here. The main thing that makes me say that is the 4th word on the poster is CONCEPT!!!

He's not plastered a misleading plaque on his car (a la LP2000-2), it's clearly advertised as vaporware. It's basically "what I would like to do" concept versus claiming it's already done.

Also I don't see a single #hashtag anywhere

You know what, I don't really see the problem here. The main thing that makes me say that is the 4th word on the poster is CONCEPT!!!

He's not plastered a misleading plaque on his car (a la LP2000-2), it's clearly advertised as vaporware. It's basically "what I would like to do" concept versus claiming it's already done.

Also I don't see a single #hashtag anywhere

In the interview the President / CEO / whatever he is basically spits back all of those same features (although doesn't claim the HP) and states very seriously that it's 9 months away from being in full production.

In the interview the President / CEO / whatever he is basically spits back all of those same features (although doesn't claim the HP) and states very seriously that it's 9 months away from being in full production.

Then consider that statement retracted :lolguy:

The interview is pretty telling. Not sure why this guy thinks that having a single wire in the car is a huge benefit? Seems like a single point of failure with no redundancy that will deem the whole car inoperable if there's an issue vs. a specified component no longer working.

2 injectors per cylinder...they can shut off 75% of them at a time, 21 cooling intakes on the car, 19 of them cannot be seen.

Lets compare....

http://i.imgur.com/AUnBDd1l.jpg

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--u2ZTZX5e--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/af3cjsctcrid2fng7stp.jpg

Neither car ran at the grand debut. Both have owners with terrible presentation skills. Both have outlandish posters.... list goes on.

OK. D. Wiggs as I understand it, is a trust fund baby. But who is this other guy. Have people actually invested in this shit? How the hell did that pitch meeting go?

I was at one of them. They didn't even use power point, it was a projector and a screen with flash pictures.

They would say things like "hexagon exhaust" (with a picture of a hexagon exhaust). Then "Nasa" (pic of spaceship taking off). Something about black leather gloves. Then just the word "investors?".

Followed by a music video they called 'Lambs and Bros'.

Felt like I had seen a presentation like this before somewhere.