Where to buy ducks

Johny Utah

If a duck is obtained as a baby, and placed in a pond, they USUALLY call that pond home. Just make sure they have food and shelter.

Our neighbors have 6 ducks and 6 geese. They can fly, but rarely do. They just live a happy life in their (large) yard & pond.

KillJoy

I'll ask, since OP's original question was answered...

Are there benefits to ducks on your property w/pond? Like, do they control algae, or mow down vegetation? I just envision them quacking a lot and pooping almost as bad as Canada geese...

Ducks are incredibly messy. I have raised tons of them. Runners and Khaki's where my favorites. Mallards will fly off in the fall usually. We had some that stayed. If you keep them in the winter they need heat and heated water so it doesn't freeze. TSC sells bulk bags of food. Duck eggs are awesome for cooking. And I have had good luck purchasing ducks from https://www.mthealthy.com Watch out for other animals, ducks have very few friends... They taste good to almost every creature evidently. We fenced ours in and still occasionally had issues in the city.

There's 2 Canada geese outside my office you can have. They totally don't bite, I swear for reals.

had a woman at my job attacked by one last year. she was using the handicap ramp/path and apparently they were nesting near by. when i say attacked, this thing bloodied her face up and they had to call the squad for her.

i'd kick a goose in its head. fuck all that.

^^Holy mutherfawker. Rich, 99% of what you post in the LOL thread is terrible. Then you you post this nugget of gold in here. I feel betrayed having wasted so many scrolls to get past what you post there, when you have the ability be on point, as shown above.

On another note, this thread made me look into getting ducks. I did all the research for what I needed and planned out an area next to the pond. Devised a plan to keep a protected entrance for them. Annnnnnd, will probably just not do it. Neat to know though.