CC&C T-Shirt

zeitgeist57

I'm really excited to share the result of a few beers with friends. A few Fridays ago, Kerry (Geeto67), Wes (TheMrWes), myself and another CC&C regular named Mike were chatting cars at a bar. After Wes did CC&C stickers last year, we talked about something better...and a shirt was floated.

I suggested a "Rat Fink"-style drag design with a coffee mug, and after some VERY rudimentary drawings on Ohio Lottery keno cards at the bar, Mike worked on a design that looked much better. Then, through working with Brian Peterson at RoAcH Studios (another CC&C regular) Mike contacted "Newt", who was one of Ed "Big Daddy" Roth's head artists back in the '60s and '70s...can you believe he moved from SoCal to Dublin, OH a few decades ago?!?

http://i.imgur.com/44eXqrf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wAvZYQE.png

There is a first run of 12 shirts for sale this Saturday @ $20/shirt, with future shirts to be available online. Let me know your thoughts. It doesn't seem like a big thing, but I think it's really cool to have our very own logo on a shirt...call me easy to please.

Thanks guys! I think the first 12 will go quickly...must be present to purchase. However, we will run new shirts quickly.

FWIW, I have an event on Saturday morning and may miss CC&C; I don't think even I will get one of the first ones! :lol:

For those who don't know who "Newt" is, it is Ed Newton. Ed designed the "Roach Coach" show car for the original RoAcH studios back in 1979 as well as the Oribitron back in 1964 for Roth:

https://books.google.com/books?id=tSLjOVHLde0C&pg=PA100&lpg=PA100&dq=Brian+Peterson+at+Roach+studios+Newt&source=bl&ots=NQW3HnQXDn&sig=Qn3ELJ40D-7LBYDY0coPDwQCdug&hl=en&sa=X&ei=CxcxVdqbApD4yQSSnYDoCA&ved=0CCQQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=Brian%20Peterson%20at%20Roach%20studios%20Newt&f=false

I don't know if any of you older timers remember CARtoons Magazine but I had a sub in the 1980s/90s and I remember his work from then (though I didn't know it was his work till this project and I looked up his art). What makes this more special is Newt was the original artist for all the Roth Weird-Oh Monsters so by pedigree this shirt is actually an extension of the original Ed Roth Monsters. How cool is that?!?

By the way clay....I believe that bar conversation started by me saying "so I have this idea for a logo..." and then you and I debating for 15 minutes as to whether it should be a Starbucks cup or a coffee mug. To be fair though Wes and Mike did a ton of leg work on this and deserve all the credit. the fact that you are I were on the same page regarding rat fink means great minds do think alike.

I assume Mike is going to be the one selling them? Wes is out of town and you aren't going to be there so....just making sure I know whom I have to stalk down to make sure I get one.

I can't believe none of us thought of donuts for wheels....

Kerry, I do believe you're right on technically who came up with the idea...there was a lot of beer consumed that evening. ;)

I'm not going to be at Rise&Drive or Cup O'Joe as I'm going to be in Marengo (will try to get back ASAP)...if you guys see Mike Patton (blue Scooby STI with red mudflaps) he's going to have the first batch of shirts (I think he said he had 16).

Grant, I'm pretty sure we're going to do black shirts next batch, but it's up to Mike and Brian @ RoAcH. Will keep you guys in the loop! :thumbup: