Anyone Pass ITIL Foundations 2011?

Exodus

I just finished my first day in class for the ITIL Foundations 2011 exam and I am having a tough time staying on track. The class is so far pretty dry. My instructor is nice but I don't think she is a very good teacher. The way I learn is by making connections to situations, scenarios, or by hearing examples of how the process is used and when. Unfortunately she isn't giving any real life examples and I'm having a hard time making the connections. It might just be that we do not have enough time for it.

Has anyone completed the 3 day course and passed the exam? If so, any tips on how to prepare for the exam or possibly some videos out there you might recommend to aid me in my study?

Thanks

I just completed my foundations course maybe 3 months ago. I actually found a dump online somewhere and took some practice tests. None of it will make sense the first or even second day, but third day things will start to click. But you're right, it's extremely fast paced and I'm a lot like you where I need to associate learning with events. I had the option of taking the test the third day or postpone it for a later date. They suggest you don't do that because statistically people do worse that way, but I just don't work that way. I need time to cover material more than once before I'm confident going into a test. Don't stress it too much, honestly. I basically decided listening in class was almost pointless and just highlighted the main points I needed to know, and then later went back through and studied what I highlighted. The actual test itself isn't really that bad.

I took the foundations v3 class and certification test 2 years ago. I knew nothing of the framework and went into the class cold. I used the book and practice tests to prepare for the test and passed. I studied 3 hours each night and the 1 hour before the exam (lunch). The foundations test is the 'easy' one. 40 questions and you need to answer 26 of those correct. I'm a terrible test taker and have trouble studying, but was able to pass.

Took the test today. I passed both practice exams. One the real exam it was a combination of "I know this", "I think I know this", and "I have no idea what this is"

We will see in a few days when the results come back.

Took the test today. I passed both practice exams. One the real exam it was a combination of "I know this", "I think I know this", and "I have no idea what this is"

We will see in a few days when the results come back.

I think they all go like this... :) The "I have no idea what this is" happens with at least one question and makes you worry that the test went bad. Let us know when you get the results. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
I think they all go like this... :) The "I have no idea what this is" happens with at least one question and makes you worry that the test went bad. Let us know when you get the results. Good luck!

I passed. 83%

I passed. 83%

CONGRATS!!!!!! Well done! Waiting for the results is a killer!

Now that you've passed, I'll tell you that is the easy test. :) The next ones are only 8 questions and you have 1 1/2 hours to complete the test. The questions have a 5pt, 3pt, 1pt and 0pt answers. The 0pt is usually easy to spot, but the others can be tough! When you get to these, make sure on the practice tests to pick the 5,3,1 and 0pt answers. This will help when you get to the actual test.

I'm about to begin mine in a few weeks. How about a summary / tldr?

I would just say pay attention to the teacher and text. Study every night. Typically the class is 3 days long and you take the test right at the end of the 3rd day.

My teacher didn't really give me the experience I was hoping for when it came to her teaching style. I thrive on examples, and practical applications as a way to make sense of the material... I got none.. However my buddy took the course online and his teacher gave him plenty of examples.